Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Quick trip to Norway

Headed up today for a bit of a flight with friends.

Alesund is a lovely town, great scenery and changeable weather.

On the return I had a massive wind gradient. From FL250-350 120 knot headwind. Then it dropped to 75 until 380. Due traffic got stoped at 390 where it was 95 then finally at 400 it was 65. In spite of all this there was only occasional light turbulence.

http://www.ing-golze.de/users/tracks/133372672058811733.html

Last Edited by JasonC at 11 Sep 20:26
EGTK Oxford

I confirm that Ålesund is an absolutely marvelous city which is well worth a visit.

LFPT, LFPN

Indeed. I had a great departure from 25
where on board radar came in handy

EGTK Oxford

Just checked my logbook….I was last at Vigra (Aalesund) in May 1999! Fuel stop on my way from Kvernberget (Kristiansund) back to Sola (Stavanger), overflying Fliesland (Bergen), Sorstokken (Stord) and Karmoy (Haugesund)….reminded me that almost every airport name in Norway bears no resemblance to the major town it serves!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

AnthonyQ wrote:

reminded me that almost every airport name in Norway bears no resemblance to the major town it serves!

There is a specific naming scheme. It’s [X Y Z] where X is the main city the airport serves, Y is the kind of airport (heliport, or sea, or large etc) and Z is the local name where the airport actually is situated. For instance Oslo Lufthavn Gardermoen, or Bergen Lufthavn Flesland. It does indeed bear the name of the major city it serves, but in everyday speak, usually only the name of the local place is used.
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

JasonC wrote:

where on board radar came in handy

Is this Garmin Pilot? How do you get wather radar output on iPad?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Is this Garmin Pilot? How do you get wather radar output on iPad?

Download either via the iPad sim card or in my case using my phone tethered for data.

EGTK Oxford
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message