Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rallye HA-BNS MS893A crash in Sweden

According to Swedish media reports, a Rallye enroute from Poland to Dala-Järna (ESKD) airport, crashed yesterday at about 18Z in the Baltic sea some 20 NM to the south of Nyköping/Skavsta (ESKN) airport. It had diverted to ESKN probably for weather reasons. It was in contact with ATC but had not sent any message of anything being amiss.

Two deceased persons, one German and one Hungarian national have been recovered from the wreckage. The aircraft will also be recovered. The sea depth at the accident site is about 8-10 m.

In the hours around the accident time ESKN and Norrköping (ESSP) airport, about 25 NM to the west, both reported BKN/OVC between 300 and 500 feet with visibilities varying from less than 3 km to more than 10 km with occasional rain or drizzle.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 19 Jun 08:53
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Looks like a Hungarian registry.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/315424

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hi to everyone…

A Morane MS893A Reg: HA-BNS (VFR only) had a fatal ditching yesterday evening into the sea close to the shore near Skavsta. My former 737 trainees went down for some reason. They asked for deviation to Skavsta due to WX. The original destination was ESKD. He left 3 children and a beautiful wife behind. He traveled with another pilot, he lost his life too.
The guy was an experienced 787 and A330 Cmdr
As a saw the WX, it was low-level clouds all around.
Did you here more about it?
Zsolt

[ @Zsoszu post moved to existing thread ]

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Where did they take off in Poland? From EPGD to ESKD is some 400 NM, from ESKD to ESKN is additional 130 NM. I believe any other Polish airport is further away from Sweden. Does anyone have some data on their route, did they reach ESKD and then divert?

Edit: Maybe they took off from EPSC or EPSD based on previous track logs still available on Internet. And looking at picture below, it seems they diverted before reaching planned destination.

Last Edited by Emir at 19 Jun 16:18
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It seems to me, that the wx has been not so nice to fly with this VFR only towing aircraft. They went to pick a Piper Pawne and deliver it to Hungary. I did not find the track. IS this FR24? I did not see it.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

What a tragedy. My condolences to his wife and children @Zsouszu

Yes, it looks like the weather was not really VFR at the place they crashed.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Zsoszu wrote:

IS this FR24?

I don’t know, I found it on the Internet as a screen shot. There’s nothing on FR24 and FlightAware shows only flight from June 18th at 11:28Z landing 45 min later at Szczecin area.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I Checked live ATC, it seems they are trapped over the clouds…

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

What a terrific tragedy.

always learning
LO__, Austria

The guy was an experienced 787 and A330 Cmdr

I Checked live ATC, it seems they are trapped over the clouds…

How is that possible??

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message