Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Hi Jason, very impressive. Interesting how much the plane yawed a couple of times. How strong was the wind?

It was 12 knots gusting 20 something. And a lot of hills around so pretty turbulent.

EGTK Oxford

Time lapse going into Torp on Friday

London area

Was that done by taking stills say one per second and loading them into a movie editor, one per frame, i.e. a 25x speedup, or was it done by making a normal (e.g. 25fps) movie and speeding it up x times? Which editor did you use? It is very smooth.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It was done using the time lapse function on the iPad camera which automatically takes stills every 5s I think and makes them into a movie.

London area

OK; thanks. I tried this a lot a few years ago. 1 every 5 sec produced a horribly jumpy movie, and of course the speedup was 125×. 1 every 1 sec was much better, and obviously was a 25x speedup. One could work out what speedup factor your was but probably not 125x (~13000kt ).

Administrator

Here is a little one, done with the Sony FDR-1000V camera, externally mounted. It is self-hosted (due to the sound track) so just click on the picture to download it (500MB mp4).

Administrator

Here’s another one with the Sony camera

The original 25mbits/sec version is 2.7GB; I think the vimeo version is far smaller since they downsample to about 5mbits/sec.

The camera footage was 50mbits/sec which looks awesome if you view it as-is but there is no practical way to host it other than on my own server space and while I have loads of bandwidth (200mbits/sec and 3TB/month, $25/month) I am limited to about 40GB storage and can’t afford to fill that up.

Administrator
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Another quick and dirty video – Shoreham and around the Isle of Wight, over Bembridge and Sandown

Everybody who I take up for a “local” really enjoys this scenic flight. It takes under an hour.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message