Winston wrote:

DM me an email address

It should be on my public profile:

[email protected]

Thanks

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Silvaire wrote:

Again, I’ve only one known one pilot, an 82 year old man, who has had the issues you describe and he found a solution.

Well, there are other issues. I regularly fly, as instructor/co-pilot with an old man, age 82-83. He has been flying all his life, started with gliders as a teenager. He don’t have any issues with insurance or medical that I know of, but probably feels he is not quite the pilot he used to be – and he has a wife

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

@Antonio

DM me an email address and I’ll send you what I have as I’m a new owner and not sure if it’s a bad idea to post it publicly.

I have an EASA minor change approval from 2009 for the FAA STCs SA4428SW and SA2196CE (the engine and MTOW respectively) but it’s limited to “Cessna F172N serial number XXXX only”.

I also have the Air Plains POH supplement prefixed with a CAA approval from 2001, itself prefixed by another CAA approval from 2004 which mentions EASA in the footer. This also clearly states limited to our serial number as well but makes the STC which is for a 172M applicable to our 172N.

I’m assuming there would be work to make it applicable to all serials but at least it’s been done once!

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

Thanks. I have no doubt. Just trying to find more info. These conversions are very rare on the EU register, so likely the process is not straight forward. Cessna 172s with the O-300, while nicely smooth, are just so terribly underpowered… almost useless for loaded ops at the average European short GA airfields…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco, I have not been involved in the conversion process so I do not know. But a proper CAMO(www.iaps.se) has been involved so everything is correct.

ESSZ, Sweden

Thank you so much to all you guys !!!!

LFOU, France

Thanks. Based on which approval process?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico
“Can you point to any EASA-registered, originally O-300 powered C172 airframe which has been converted to O-360?”

SE-EHK, Cessna 172 based at ESTF. It did the Air Plains conversion about 2 years ago.

Last Edited by Fly310 at 01 Aug 06:17
ESSZ, Sweden
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message