Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Reissuance of validated FAA license due to new EASA license

Should have said this is a CAA/UK thing – guess other countries could have a similar arrangement.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Received a phone call from CAA Gatwick this morning and the 61.75/EASA business CAN be done at a CAA Regional Office. The CAA are going to issue a communique to this effect.

There are two CAA RO’s:-

Manchester Regional Office,
First Floor,
Atlantic House,
Atlas Business Park,
Simonsway,
Wythenshawe,
Manchester,
M22 5PR
0161-216-4500

1st Floor, Kings Park House,
Laurelhill Business Park,
Stirling,
FK7 9JQ
01786-457400

These Offices have been made ‘aware’.

The required form SRG2110 is on The CAA Website.

It says “you will need to produce”

The Completed SRG2110 Form
Details of previous FAR 61.75 certificate
Office photographic ID bearing signature
A utility bill, bank, council tax showing home address.
The Fee

Guess item 2 will simple mean ‘show your 61.75 Plastic Card’.
and item 3 means something like a new style driving license, passport etc.

I assume they DON’T need you to ‘handover’ a photo for then to keep – I will be checking both these points.

Off to Manchester for me.

Even Manchester or Stirling may not be perfect for all, but certainly a greatly increased catchment area.

CFI’s, Examiners & Instructors are specifically ruled out as the FAA say the person ‘identifying us’ must be directly employed by the CAA – fair enough me thinks.

Not sure about this, but think this has to be done by some date in April i.e. B4 your CAA license expires – if indeed it does. Grey area ATPIT.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Anthony, "certainly" is a bit strong. The show's not over yet...

Not sure about a European licence. The only rating to my knowledge you can get on a 61.75 is an IR on top of SE or ME.

EGTK Oxford

Not in Europe...probably not now and certainly not after April next year.... you will need a full EASA Licence and medical no matter what registration aircraft you fly

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

If you have FAA Flight Review and medical you are good even though your German medical expires.

That's interesting. Since the EASA-PPL won't expire, I could just let all my EASA ratings and the EASA medical expire and get me a FAA medical and the necessary FAA ratings and can fly legally?

EDXQ

Yes. The Americans don't care if you have a valid home medical, bfr or whatever. So long as the licence is valid and you comply with the restrictions on the face of it you are fine.

If you have FAA Flight Review and medical you are good even though your German medical expires.

EGTK Oxford

I know what you mean Jason....in the US when using my 61.75 they want to see that you either have the medical that goes with your "based on" Licence, or an FAA medical certificate.....I have never had an FAA medical until recently so it was never an issue....but I believe I can still use the 61.75 with an expired "based on" medical if I have an FAA medical

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

It's a validated FAA license so I don't need an US medical at all. I only need my German medical.

EDXQ

Now an interesting question: to use your 61.75, if your German licence is still current (ie hasn't expired), and you have an FAA Class 3 medical or better, do you need a German medical.

EGTK Oxford

I see... Thanks.

EDXQ
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message