Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rental aircraft near Alicante

Hello guys,

as my wife came up with the great idea to go visit the area around Alicante next week, my pilot brain quickly kicked in and began working on an excuse for doing some flying there too :)
I wonder if any of you guys (especially our Spanish members) have a recommendation where to go. What I would like to do is a sightseeing flight with an instructor, possibly using one of the types I currently newer flew with (like C172 or similar). I might then go on and rent it for some sightseeing flights on my own as well :)

Thanks
Lukas

PS: If you wonder why I am not flying with my V-tail there yet, it is due to the aircraft sitting in the shop for the final touches of the panel upgrade. But more on that in another post :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Hi Lukas,

I’m Spanish and all I know about Alicante is that the GA airfield over there is called Muchamiel, LEMU, North of the city.
You should probably look for hire possibilities there :)

In terms of where to fly to from there, I can recommend you fly along the coast to the South to Murcia, across “La Manga”, and then on to LEAX La Axarquía, nice airfield near Málaga. LELC San Javier was available for GA in the past but sadly not anymore I believe. You may want to try LEMI.
You can also fly to either Almería LEAM or Granada LEGR. I’ve been to these airports and even though they are large commercial airports, GA operation is easy and reasonably cheap (or at least this was the case in 2017).

If you prefer flying to the North of Alicante, you can try LETL Teruel which must be interesting as it’s where many widebody airliners are parked for long term storage, but still an uncontrolled airfield. Castellón LECN is a small VFR place directly by the beach.

Edit: Muchamiel is also spelled Mutxamel. Here’s their website: https://www.aerodromodemutxamel.es/web/es/

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 24 Oct 14:09
EDDW, Germany

YOu may also want to try the Aeroclub de Alicante, at the same place.

As to destinations, the Murcia coastline as suggested above is beautiful, but during the week there may be operational restrictions due to military traffic: best to go at the weekends when military traffic is mostly idle. Fond memories as I grew up there.

I second LECN as a fly-in destination due to beach- (and multiple restaurant-) proximity, and LEGR due to beauty of the destination. I would add LEBA for the same latter reason. Also easier to operate than LEGR.

Last Edited by Antonio at 24 Oct 16:11
Antonio
LESB, Spain

It’s been a few years since I lived and flew in Spain, but although it may be a bit too far for a day trip, I highly recommend LEGR. The Alhambra really is one of the ‘Wonders of the World’ and absolutely worth a visit! You could follow the coast south and do the inland route on the way back. Spectacular flying with the Sierra Nevada on one side and the Med on the other. One added advantage to LEGR is that being a biggish airport, it has all the ground infrastructure.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message