Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Repealing Regulation (EC) No 216/2008

This has just arrived in email from somebody who seems to keep a lookout for this stuff.

I haven’t read it but it sounds rather interesting! It contains a lot of waffle at the start but maybe somebody knows what it is about.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I lost the will to live after the first 10 pages.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

This seems to be the expected revision of the Basic Regulation.

Peter_Mundy wrote:

I lost the will to live after the first 10 pages.

You should skip all the motivation nonsense. The actual regulation starts on page 26.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It’s the Council’s view on what the new regulation should be. The European Parliament also has a view. They are not the same. So Council, Parliament and the Commission will sit down together in a process called Trialogues and try to reach a form of words they can agree on.

I lost interest after I saw the incorporation of the old complex motor-powered aircraft defn.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I lost interest after I saw the incorporation of the old complex motor-powered aircraft defn.

Not sure I follow. It’s only mentioned in the Transitional Provisions in Article 126. If you maintained your interest that far, I assure you that you’re doing better than any member of Council or Parliament. :)

2. Not later than [five years after the date referred to in Article 127 – OP please insert the exact date] the implementing rules adopted on the basis of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 and Regulation (EC) No 552/2004 shall be adapted to the provisions of this Regulation. Until adaptation, any references in those implementing rules to:
a) ‘commercial operation’ shall be understood as a reference to Article 3(i) of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008;
b) ‘complex motor-powered aircraft’ shall be understood as a reference to Article 3(j) of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008;

The idea is that the definition should no longer be part of the BR, but where necessary it will be incorporated in the implementing rules. Importantly, it could be modified from the current version (e.g. to exclude twin turboprops – sorry Jason, I don’t see any move to exclude single-pilot jets), and it doesn’t have to be associated with organisational requirements. But the definition (and others) need to be there until the implementing rules that rely on them can be rewritten.

bookworm wrote:

The idea is that the definition should no longer be part of the BR, but where necessary it will be incorporated in the implementing rules. Importantly, it could be modified from the current version (e.g. to exclude twin turboprops – sorry Jason, I don’t see any move to exclude single-pilot jets), and it doesn’t have to be associated with organisational requirements. But the definition (and others) need to be there until the implementing rules that rely on them can be rewritten.

I know, that is why I lost interest.

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Feb 14:52
EGTK Oxford
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message