Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Retrofitting EVS (enhanced vision system?)

Does anyone have any experience?

This would be into an N Reg Twin Commander.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Sorry to be dim – AVS = ??

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

EVS doesn’t google to anything relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Enhanced vision system ? The IR camera optional on new SR22s ?

LFOU, France

@pilot_dar might know how to approach this. I think a lot depends on whether anything is sticking out into the airflow.

Administrator

… and if there’s an STC or not .

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Why o why do people use silly acronyms?

UK, United Kingdom

I have fixed the thread title.

Administrator

Sorry. Enhanced Vision System is something that presents on screen, head-up display or goggles an image of the world derived from a variety of sources, such as infrared and light enhancement, to give simulated visual meteorological conditions in instrument meteorological conditions.

I am looking because I am in train of deciding whether to upgrade an otherwise acceptable glass system (Meggitt) to a system that will support synthetic vision (Garmin950). The cost delta is large enough to justify investigating other solutions to compensate for the lack of synthetic vision.

But the goto seller of these systems, Forward.Vision, seems to have disappeared off the internet, so I want to know what else is out there.

EGKB Biggin Hill

L-3 made the IRIS system which is STC’d on KingAir and I believe also on Twin Commander. We did a few installations on B200 and 300 several years ago. I don’t know if it’s still available but it certainly worked very well.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message