Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rimini, Trieste, Ljubljana, Menorca

We have a flying trip planned for the last 2 weeks of March. We will go to some old favourites but would like to try some different places as well. Those on the ‘new’ list is as follows…..

Rimini LIPR
Trieste LIPQ
Ljubljana LJLJ
Menorca LEMH

I have done a search of EuroGA for these places and the recent fly in to Menorca will serve as a valued resource for LEMH. Does anyone have any recent experiences of the above airfields who could offer their thoughts and tips. Thanks in advance.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

It has been for a while, that we have been in LJLJ. As far as I can remember there was nothing special with the airport, neither the fees nor the guys stuck negative in my mind. The only thing I could remember was, that the wayinto the town took us a while. Ljubljana itself was great. We had a good time there. The restaurants and bars in the the riverside created a nice and vivid atmosphere.

Regarding Rimini: some italians suggested to go instead of LIPR to Fano, LIDF. They told us it is cheaper, friendlier and the restaurant at the field is really good. I can totally agree with the last two points, can’t compare the landing fees. We once came back only for lunch. But beside this the atmosphere in the town and the town itself was nice.

Maybe @Rob2701, this time we may meet. Our planing for the last week in march and the first of april is to go to Spain and Portugal, Menorca is one of our possible destinations.

EDDS , Germany

I would echo above comment on LJLJ although from 2006. Everything worked, not expensive. The city was really nice. Lots of young people having fun The country is really scenic, with lakes, mountains, the lot. A trip report is here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter, I did read your trip report. @eddsPeter we are departing the UK 16 March and returning 1st April. I’ll keep you posted were we get.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Arrived Ljubljana this afternoon. What a lovely city.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

@Rob2701 Enjoy your time there. We have to wait until monday evening until our departure. We have some minor issues during the anual maintenance.

EDDS , Germany

@eddsPeter. Let me now where you end up. We may fly onto Rimini then Calvi.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

@rob2701 We are back in the air and departed today to LJPZ. At the moment we are think about to go to Montenegro next and then to the south of Italy. Weredo you stay at the moment?

EDDS , Germany

@eddsPeter we spent 3 days in Ljubljana, then flew to rimini for 2 nights. We are planning to fly to Calvi this morning.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

@Rob2701 In this case we are on the wrong side of Italy. We are going to LYTV tomorrow and we will stay there for two nights at Kotor. Then we are going to the south of Italy first and later to Corse. So you will stay ahead of us. Enjoy Calvi. We love it.

EDDS , Germany
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message