Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Route flown with Radar overlay

unfortunately that is beyond my technically capabilities.

It is beyond mine too – some hints here

It is quite easy to do this once you set it all up. It would not be hard for a flight planning support website (that offers tracking already) to generate an mp4 movie from your track and wx images fetched from the various archives For VFR flights you would download the track from FR24, or accept an upload of customer GPS data in GPX, KML, etc. The really slick option would be to generate a movie on Vimeo, but they would probably hate that

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

FR24 track perhaps?

Just looked at that and I would need a Gold Subscription which with a free trial I could cancel at anytime. However Ive been sucked into too many free trials that I eventually had to pay for for me not to be leery.

Do you think it would show my flight with radar overlay?

KHTO, LHTL

Of course if I had activated my ADL I would not even be asking these questions since it would show the Wx and the route taken.

KHTO, LHTL

You can do this in flight with Foreflight just by using screencap in iPad. (Assuming you have a 3G connection – almost anywhere in the US if you have a bona fide AT&T SIM card). Otherwise shortly after landing, as this one was.

And not just in the US. Here’s a hypothetical route I did just now. Getting 3G in the air is a different issue, though…

(Skydemon shows cloud, but not radar).

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message