Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seaplane splash-in 30 April-3 May

I would have loved to join the Prague fly-in but it coincides with a splash-in that I am organizing.

We have about 15 planes gathering in Mallorca (Son Bonet) to then fly in formation to LEPO, the military seaplane base in Pollensa. That’s where in summer Canadairs are stationed to combat wildfires.

A nice mix of participants from Spain, Switzerland, Italy, France, the Netherlands and from even as far as Finland!

The next day we have a static display, and the Spanish military will show their tricks, mobilising the Canadairs, rescue helicopters and parajumpers.

The day after, the whole circus flies to the defunct seaplane base of Los Alcazares at the inland sea of Murcia (near LELC), and we’ll do a static show the day after. They celebrate the 100th birthday of the base. Quite a historic place too, the last military post of the Republicans to fall in the Spanish civil war.

I don’t want to compete with the Prague fly-in, but if someone is interested to come, let me know . I will be a bit busy during the event, but there is always time to spend some time with a fellow EuroGA-er..

Last Edited by aart at 22 Apr 18:00
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Oh … I would like to join but already committed to Prague (actually from the very beginning). Do you plan something similar in the future?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes, the idea is to keep this going..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I too would like to join at future occasions. Seaplanes have always had a fascination for me. Keep up the good work and do keep us posted.

Out of sheer curiosity: is there any link with the seaplane event & museum at Biscarrosse? At least, of the few seaplanes in Europe, a good many will be visiting both events, I should reckon.

Last Edited by at 22 Apr 19:21
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Have a good time! I heard some people from EHLE are joining with the PH-DUK…

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message