Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Self service fuel pumps

Peter wrote:

evidently do disproportionately more foreign touring than those from most European countries

evidently to whom?

I seldom meet Brits during my touring, outside of EuroGA flyins.

But I’m all for making it easy to get fuel, I’d install a normal credit card pump as well if I had an airport…

LSZK, Switzerland

@boscomantico

It is as easy as that – if memory serves me right – we did this several years ago – just send an email to [email protected]
They are very friendly and only want to know that you will actually land there sometimes..

EDLN and EDKB

@mrfacts, that’s good to know and may be of use some day

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Peter wrote:

Are there self service pumps where you can just shove a credit card, pull the hose out, and fill the plane up, and it’s all done? I have never seen one.

Every single one I’ve ever encountered in the United States. About the most complicated thing they require over a car forecourt filling station is occasionally they ask for the aircraft registration, but mostly a question confirming that you’ve attached the grounding cable.

Andreas IOM

The one on Teuge (EHTE) works just fine with a creditcard.

EHTE, Netherlands

I have used one that was easy, probably Fenland

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Do they have Jet fuel at Teuge Bobo?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I installed the first self service pump in South Carolina at my FBO in Rock Hill, SC in 1996. At the time there was one in North Carolina in the outer banks. I got the fire marshal approval without any difficulty. Now they are everywhere in the US.

KUZA, United States
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message