Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sennheiser S1

This thread continues from here

There is actually an argument against custom molds

I wonder what that might be, because the in-ear headsets I tried were totally useless without them. The original Lightspeed Mach 1 was completely unusable off the shelf because the smallest movement would create a gap, and the smallest gap would let so much noise in that you could not hear anything. It was expensive too but I managed to sell it back on Ebay before it was discontinued soon afterwards.

I find the combination of in-ear and over-ear superior.

Which product?

It can draw on aircraft power (supports 12-35 VDC) and they offer XLR-3 and cigarette lighter socket adapters. It’s annoying they don’t provide more options like the all-in-one 6-pin Redel. Interestingly some shops offer S1 NoiseGard with 6-pin Redel while this is not featured (AFAIK) on Sennheiser site either (if it’s just an adapter cable, it could be compatible with the Digital).

How is that done? Does the headset have a power socket (e.g. 3.5mm) and a cable from that to a cigar lighter plug?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I tested it when it came out but was rather disappointed. The Bose made a much better impression and the Zulu was better in my tests as well.

How is that done? Does the headset have a power socket (e.g. 3.5mm) and a cable from that to a cigar lighter plug?

Exactly, the control box has a socket.

Which product?

That was a general statement. It gives you more stages of noise reduction. Even simply using in-ear plugs with over-ear headset.

I wonder what that might be

That an ear canal doesn’t have a constant shape. If the plug is hard, it can’t conform to the changes. I know a pilot who went from custom to off-the-shelf but it’s hard to say how good that custom mold was. One can hardly draw any conclusions from that.

Last Edited by Martin at 05 Apr 18:35

I guess it’s personal… I have the Sennheiser S1 and I’m very happy with it.
The ear cups are larger than the Bose, but it fits me better. Passive noise cancellation is very good, so even when the batteries are dead you still have a good headset..

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message