Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA airport news 2013

Another forum is looking for a pilot for Project Propeller this Saturday out of Shoreham.

I am picking up a Cold War vet from Sywell – the range of aircraft is quite impressive, from no electric Super Cubs (that would be I) to a private owner pilot in a nearly new King Air.

Any other EuroGA pilots attending?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I am there. As is Jude I believe.

EGTK Oxford

I am on an 1130 LT slot, with a PA46 in the same slot half hour – arriving in formation with a Taylorcraft, but not planning a run and break to land!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

What event is this, and where are these flights going to?

I will be at Shoreham lunchtime.

Last Edited by Peter at 17 Jun 09:24
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ll be at PP, picking up from Headcorn.

See you all there!

EGEO

It’s project propeller.
Volunteers fly WWII vets to an annual reunion.

More about it here

Link

Gloucestershire seems to be the location for 2014.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

?? what have veterinary physicians to do with EGKA ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterinary_physician

Last Edited by at 17 Jun 10:47
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan,

Vets have more than one meaning.

In this case it’s “Vetran”

Link

EIWT Weston, Ireland

And who has authorised the use of non-unambiguous terminology? Where it is so easy to be clear?
(grumble grumble)

In this case it’s “Vetran”

Must admit though that, whatever may be said about the word, “Vetran” is not ambiguous.
(grinning)

Seriously: I really resent the average UK’ers tendency to use abbreviations and acronyms wherever they think fit. To me that shows they are so intellectually lazy as to transfer every possible bit of mental effort to the other party. Even that may be common practice in the UK, this is not a (solely) UK forum. Brits are already lucky to have their native language being used, in politeness they ought to post in a way that stands the best chances of being universally readable.

And yes yes, do not tell me I am a “Nervensäge” – I have been told, and will not argue.

Last Edited by at 17 Jun 12:01
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

And just to add a litre of essence to your feuer, it should of course read ‘Veteran’ – Ciao!

Sign in to add your message