Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Dortmund EDLW 11-12 Feb

These xx123 waypoints are used on any RNAV procedures, mostly SIDs, approaches and their respective transitions.

In this case, LW009 is the IF on the RNAV 06 approach, but controllers also use it as a DCT on other approaches, such as an ILS.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Would the use of these be affected if one filed (in the equipment list) that one is not PRNAV?

I cannot right now work through the full PBN stuff but in any case it is likely that European ATC do not see the equipment list.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It has nothing to do with P-RNAV Peter. These are B-RNAV waypoints.

EGTK Oxford

In any case it is likely that European ATC do not see the equipment list.

Of course they don’t. And even if they did, they would not care. They are not air police. It is the pilot’s job to decide what procedures he may legally fly. This has always been the case.

If as Jason says they are BRNAV then every IFR GPS should have them.

As regards policing, the pilot would have to say, pretty quickly, that he cannot find the WP in his database, and request a vector to the LOC instead. It’s all OK if he knows this game. I haven’t had this in Germany before.

Administrator

ATC simply assumes that all crew have a full RNAV database in their equipment, as 98% of all IFR aircraft have. And when occasionally somebody pops up saying that he doesn’t have waypoint xy in his database, then that is no problem and they supply a vector.

We actually don´t really care what equipment you´ve got…we even don´t mind you flying without a DME on an N-reg if you do what we want you to. As a controller I don´t have easy access to this kind of information anyway. The only things of interest for us is if an airplane is RVSM capable or not since separation is based on this in the upper airspace. 8,33kHz is also getting interesting now since more and more lower airspace sectors start having 8,33-freqs.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

NIK DCT ONW DCT SORAT

This one hurt my eyes

SORAT DCT ANT DCT HELEN DCT KOK

This is an eyesore too

EBST, Belgium

Ha,. They are called manipulating the Eurocontrol computer.

EGTK Oxford

It’s not so clear cut, unfortunately.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message