Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Flanders / Kortrijk EBKT, November 2019

One helicopter school, two clubs and several schools. Several maintenance shops, from ULM to Falcon Tri-jet.
There are major upgrades in progress, new taxiway, new apron, new LPV approach to 06 shortly.

EBKT

EBKT has a couple of schools and an active club.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The “untowered” IAP works because they have close-in approach control (by EBBR) with a highly conservative policy of not allowing you to leave the hold until (I assume) the tower guy phones EBBR to say the previous traffic landed. France does the same – example at Laval. And unlike the UK CAA, EBKT/EBBR are not too emotional about mixing IFR inbounds with circuit traffic. Probably there isn’t much circuit traffic. Does EBKT have a based school? Also in the UK, the equivalent of EBBR would bill the airport (for the app service) enough to totally kill it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great write-up and lovely photos.

I also visited Korttjk earlier this year and wrote up a report:

A key point for me was that the airport is Radio only, no ATC or AFIS yet does have an RNAV approach.
And I agree the Immigration Police were extremely helpful and friendly. In fact they were the only staff I met.

Also pleased to hear the RNAV approaches at Shoreham are back online.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Thanks for the photos, really enjoyed them!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

If you are in contact with Brussels Information on 126.90 , they will keep you advised about controlled airspace, they will even clear you into the controlled airspace if you request (they co-ordinate with Brussels Approach or Departure).
The base of the airway KOK to MAK may be FL55 but is trumped by the general class C covering the entire country.

There is another highy recommended restaurant opposite the RWY06, about 20 min walking in westerly direction along the main road. During weekdays they have an excellent lunch at 24€ (starters and main course), They are now closed on Sundays. The place is called ‘Het Verloren Schaap’ (The Lost Sheep).

EBKT

Thanks

Controlled airspace is at 3500 overhead MAK (BrusselsTMA) and at 4500 general.

I asked and they said FL060. I didn’t have a current Belgian VFR chart; only the 2013 Jepp VFR ones for emergency use, on the tablet. And of course the VFR approach charts for EBKT.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What a lovely report.
So enjoyable to read – I was with you!
Thanks.
David

Biggin Hill EGKB, United Kingdom

Many thanks for this nice report. I like these beautiful clouds from above. The holdings shown on the KLN94/KMD550 are really good news. My last update is from October, I haven`t noticed yet.

Berlin, Germany

Controlled airspace is at 3500 overhead MAK (BrusselsTMA) and at 4500 general.

EBKT
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message