Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Siena Airport LIQS Flight

Just looked on the map and Perugia is a possibility. I wrote this to the Handling agent since it is mandatory to have one. Do you think I was too business like?

Hello,
I would like some pricing information for a Cessna 210 single engine 1700 Kg airplane with 1 passenger to arrive on Oct 11 and depart Oct 14 to and from LHTL Hungary.

Please provide me with ALL the tariffs which I would incure landing at your airport.
Please break down the various charges. For example

Landing fee
Departure fee
Handling Fee
Parking fee
Security fee
Taxes
etc
etc.

Can you also tell me if there is a rental car counter at the airport? If not what is the taxi number to go to the Rental car places.

Thanking you in advance.

KHTO, LHTL

In Italy, it’s always better to call first. They often don’t answer to emails the first time.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I have been to Perugia several times VFR. I did not use a handling agent. I don’t remember it being that expensive but this was probably 2-3 years ago. If they are not PPR, just file and go. Assisi and the basilica with Giotto frescoes is amazing and well worth a visit.

Why don’t you consider some shorter grass fields? Your 210 should be able to handle them no problem. There are a couple fields with grass/hotels & and maybe AVGAS that might be options. I’ll look them up and send later.

Tököl LHTL

It must be my lucky day. I email Perugia and got a reply within a few hours. Not only that but the prices and convenience of on field Rental cars makes it practical
transportation.

Now this is service at a real airport.

Good evening Mr. Haller,
the price will be around € 110,00 included airport landing / departure fees, handling services, parking, taxes (with N° 1 passenger in / out).
Inside the terminal you will find below rental cars :
– Avis
- Hertz
- Sicily by car / Autoeuropa
- Europcar
- Autovia
We suggest you to check availability online and book the car before your arrival.
Please kindly advise in case you will confirm the flight.
Best regards,
Marco
Delta Aerotaxi S.r.l.

KHTO, LHTL

Another option is LIQF Sansepolocro to the north, 880 meters of grass, AVGAS and a hotel. They could easily arrange a rental car.

https://m.facebook.com/AerodromeSansepolcro/?rf=340676985946604

Tököl LHTL

Here’s another, even better located for you, with a villa and pool:

http://www.glidingintuscany.it

I stayed there 8 years ago, highly recommend. AVGAS is not available, absolutely not, because it would be against the rules. No problem for a 210.

Tököl LHTL

What about Arezzo airport?

EBMO, EBKT

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

Why don’t you consider some shorter grass fields? Your 210 should be able to handle them no problem. There are a couple fields with grass/hotels & and maybe AVGAS that might be options

You would think there is no problem with grass but here are my concerns:

1.The ground can appear to be a smooth as glass until you start rolling. I have cantilever wings with tip tanks. Until the plane picks up enough speed where the weight is taken off the wing by airflow, there is a large amount of stress at the wing attachment points. These are prone to cracks and very expensive to repair.
2, Debris picked up by the prop
3 When I gas up at LHKV I use every bit of the runway to take off. I mean to the very end. Thats with 120 gal and 350 Lbs for pilot and occupants.

Ive flown into Hertelendy Kastely LHKU (800m golf course manicured runway) and had to be very light flying out. Pilot and 15 gal of fuel on a hot humid summer day and just barely got out. I had a tiny margin but I dont like to fly that close.

KHTO, LHTL

Wow, is a 210 that different from a 182 in take off roll, especially light? What you are saying is quite interesting for me because I’ve always thought of a 210 as a good upgrade plane for me. But if it can’t do 600-700 meter grass, I’m not interested. Those places are too close to my heart.

Of course, when the grass is wet, all bets are off.

What about others with 210 experience, like the Irish or Scottish contingent? Is that consistent with your experience?

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 14 Aug 18:40
Tököl LHTL

Dont forget I have TKS which they say dosent, but I swear it affects TO performance. Oh and I have an IO550 engine.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message