Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Siena Airport LIQS Flight

highflyer wrote:

hat`s not quite true: EDMK 1,99. EDQK 1,98. Both airfields are located in southern Germany.

I stand corrected then. The 3 airports I fly into EDMA EDMS and EDMV all have the same price for Avgas. Dont understand why its identical but that was my experience. The fact that there are others with lower prices is encouraging. For a moment I thought there was collusion to set a fixed price.

However only one of the two you mentioned was hard surfaced. The other appeared to be short at 700M although doable but out of my way.

Thanks for the information.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 19 Aug 10:01
KHTO, LHTL

placido wrote:

if 600 plus meters are ok you could look up Centro Serristori south of Arezzo.

Looked at it and wished the runway was longer by 200 m. With 600m there is no margin for error. An engine hiccup or a nose wheel shimmy or a rejected TO. I would be at 80% GWT. If there was a crosswind, Hot and Humid day the margin of safety shrinks even further.

So even though Perugia is 2 hrs away from the hotel never having been to Italy by car it will be a scenic adventure. Couple that with an IFR airport good opening hours ground transportation with International companies to choose from with 2.05 100LL gas Im inclined to fly in there.

But thanks for the other airport tip. Always appreciated.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

gas prices are 2.05Euro/Ltr compared to Southern Germany 2.60 its a bargain.

That`s not quite true: EDMK 1,99. EDQK 1,98. Both airfields are located in southern Germany.

Berlin, Germany

C210

How long does the runway need to be? if 600 plus meters are ok you could look up Centro Serristori south of Arezzo. They have avgas and a tarmac runway and is a fly in community. They will get you a car to the field if you need to travel to your final destination.

It is an aviosuperficie, no customs.

LSZH

Pretty similar to all other countries, really, i.e. like hiding in the exitways of gas stations with radar pistols, or following you by car. The carabinieri do have pretty plain pouvoir though, don’t try to discuss them out of it, because it won’t work. They can be very nasty, very arrogant, and very full of themselves. They do have the right to confiscate your car on the spot, and send you back to the border, so don’t provoke them, comply, pay (cash), and get on with life.

Apart from that, there are fixed installations on the roadside (radar), or cameras above the highway who identify you and calculate the time you need to the next camera. Both systems do work, and they will enforce it, because what has changed, compared to the old days, is that they can and will make sure to increase the price of the penalty above 70 EUR so they can have it enforced in any other EU country by local authorities (thanks to the EU).

Bottom line: just drive normally, everything will be ok.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 17 Aug 08:37
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

“just found another one with asphalt, close to Perugia: Foligno LIAF.
And if you want Rome, why not Urbe (LIRU) ?”

Im settled to land at Perugia. The price the convenience of ground transportation.

The only thing Im now concerned about, after talking to an Italian criminal lawyer, is the speed cameras and the exorbitant fines. They are laying in wait for foreigners.

KHTO, LHTL

I just received a letter from Perugia saying gas prices are 2.05Euro/Ltr compared to Southern Germany 2.60 its a bargain.

KHTO, LHTL

just found another one with asphalt, close to Perugia: Foligno LIAF.
And if you want Rome, why not Urbe (LIRU) ?

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 16 Aug 08:35
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Dont forget I have TKS which they say dosent, but I swear it affects TO performance. Oh and I have an IO550 engine.

KHTO, LHTL

Wow, is a 210 that different from a 182 in take off roll, especially light? What you are saying is quite interesting for me because I’ve always thought of a 210 as a good upgrade plane for me. But if it can’t do 600-700 meter grass, I’m not interested. Those places are too close to my heart.

Of course, when the grass is wet, all bets are off.

What about others with 210 experience, like the Irish or Scottish contingent? Is that consistent with your experience?

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 14 Aug 18:40
Tököl LHTL
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message