Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sitia LGST ...help?

Just had a strange correspondence with Skyserv at Sitia – am hoping to fly there later today in a Cessna 182 from Dubrovnik. They originally quoted a max of 100 euro (which I thought was steep but acceptable). Suddenly, two hours before departure,I get another email saying it could be 150 euro (even with the AOPA discount). And that I need to pay in cash because his card reader isn’t working…

Anyone had the same experience? I thought Sitia was supposed to be a good place!

United Kingdom

Isn’t it the fee for the customs to come to the airport when no commercial flight occurs ?
150 € seems not too bad for Greece :S

LFOU, France

OK, I’ll bite…

Stodge, your post comes across as funny. You are flying a C182 all across Europe! So, anyway you “calculate” it, it is going to cost you many thousand Euros. How can 50 Euros more or less on airport fees make any any significant difference?

You will have learned from previous threads that Greece is a bit random. The handling agents have become quite creative when it comes to fees. It’s not all that predictable. All we (and AOPA) can do is give some general guidance (e.g. that Fraport airports tend to cost between x and y and that non-Fraport airports tend to cost z, etc.). The basic info is all on the AOPA page. But it’s not possible to precisely predict the fees for any given case.

Which time and weekday do you arrive / depart? Do you fly IFR or VFR? Do you thus need a slot? Do you need customs? How many pax do you have? Where is your aircraft registered? What additional services did you request from the handler? Which handler is used and what AOPA agreement is he under, for that airport? Etc. You see?

By the way, you will get the same if flying to most other major airports in Europe. The total fees simply depend on too many factors.

Suggestion: you just complete the trip, try to have some fun and THEN decide whether it was worth it or not and whether you want to do it again in the future. We all have to make our experiences.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Did they get your weight correct?

This is what I paid. Feel free to use it (TB20, 1400kg)

Contact details below. Note that they never received any emails from me containing any attachment (dumb email filtering)

I was never able to get the arrival slot (I arrived IFR and LGST is slotted) but in the end nobody cared.

Just noticed there is no mention of AOPA discount on that invoice but all the Greek airports wanted to see my AOPA card.

The only trouble we had there was: they x-rayed everything for the flight to Karpathos, and the luggage then vanished onto a conveyor belt. But a hugely important (and fairly huge) policeman demanded to see my passport, even though the next flight was to another Greek island. My passport was in one of the bags… the handling guy was very good and retrieved the bag. They didn’t know what to do with the passport so just wrote down some stuff on a bit of paper

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What is EXE?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

The file suffix of an executable file; this started with MS-DOS, so this is about the right level of technology

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The file suffix of an executable file; this started with MS-DOS, so this is about the right level of technology

I was just going to say “except a hung application” but decided there should be something more to it if you have to pay 40 EUR.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Well, from looking at the other items on the invoice, this must be their handling fee.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

EXE is the basic handling cost pre VAT.

I fully agree on @boscomantico comments. Too many factors affect the final bill.
Flying from UK to southeast Greece and back must be some 2.000 Euro worth for fuel.
Is a 50 Euro difference in handling services THAT important to ask for HELP ?!

@Stodge enjoy your vacations

LGMG Megara, Greece

boscomantico wrote:

Stodge, your post comes across as funny. You are flying a C182 all across Europe! So, anyway you “calculate” it, it is going to cost you many thousand Euros. How can 50 Euros more or less on airport fees make any any significant difference?

petakas wrote:

Is a 50 Euro difference in handling services THAT important to ask for HELP ?!

I see that often. It’s mostly about landing fees and hotel/meal prices, where differences are in the range of 10-20 EUR. We are also offering our digital logbook product to pilots for less than 5 EUR a month and it is considered expensive, despite the thousands invested in flying each month. It is interesting how people subjectively consider something cheap and something else expensive.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message