Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ski trip to French Alps via Chambéry (LFLB)

@ibra: my first annual was 3000 eur
In the meanwhile I had the following major squawks:

• gear indicator: 300 eur incl work
  • RH gear rework: 900 eur parts and work
  • repair autopilot: small switch was replaced on the Bendix actuator
  • new tire

and I added:

• JPI EDM 790 with fuel flow sensing
  • intercom extended from 2p to 6p
  • raft, extra headsets, oxygen refill system, small stuff

Wishlist:

• new interior although people tell me that blue velvet is back in vogue
  • paint detailing
  • Gamijectors
Last Edited by Niner_Mike at 15 Feb 14:43
Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

We should investigate the possibility of EuroGA fly-in being guests of local aeroclub and avoid handling cost

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The airport (and their handler) was really only concerned with my Sunday departure. If you do a fly-in with departures and arrivals outside the weekend in wintertime, Chambéry reverts in a relaxed airport like most of them in France. Airport parkings were quasi empty on Thursday and quasi full on Sunday.

Last Edited by Niner_Mike at 15 Feb 15:50
Abeam the Flying Dream

Nice read. Thanks Niner_Mike.

This reminds me of the last time I was there, in 2017.

This was for stopping at the Aeroclub apron for 30 minutes to pick an instructor and continue LFLJ.
We protested and they issued a credit note, but I never got the money back.

Anyway, I practice LFLB on the sim for commercial ops, but never got to fly there in the real world with pax.

LPFR, Poland

@loco Now you got me worried! What airplane was this for?

Abeam the Flying Dream

loco wrote:

This was for stopping at the Aeroclub apron for 30 minutes to pick an instructor and continue LFLJ.

The French pilots think of Chambery as the natural alternate for Courchevel but in fact I changed my normal planning to Aosta as it is actually closer and much easier. Only problem is that the road seems to be blocked in winter so not easy to get there by car from France.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Now you got me worried! What airplane was this for?

MTOM 3.3 tons

always learning
LO__, Austria

The 1000€ handling charge only applies when you either land or take off on a Saturday.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The 1000€ handling charge only applies when you either land or take off on a Saturday.

Regardless of their excuse, it’s just a ripoff.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Regardless of their excuse, it’s just a ripoff.

I think it’s to manage traffic… if you’ve ever landed there, it’s a bit like an altiport where you have to depart the same way you flew in. So someone landing blocks the whole airport (IFR) for anyone else departing, I think, I could be wrong.

On Saturdays they have a lot of flights and (at least used to) have transport jets etc carrying many thousands of passengers so presumably would want to prioritise these over SEP traffic.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message