Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ski trip to French Alps via Chambéry (LFLB)

It’s just gouging, and some people obviously pay it.

Traffic management? Saturday might be their busiest day of the week during the ski season, but I doubt they have more than a movement every 20-30 minutes. It’s hardly CDG.

If reasonable costs can be established for other days I might give it a go. Or go during the summer for a walking holiday.

EGLM & EGTN

Fleecing skiers is the world’s second oldest profession, and there is nothing better than fleecing skiers arriving in bizjets

The airports are awfully posh though. For your 1k, you get nice coffee, fresh croissants, nice seafood salads, a nice waitress who speaks English… whereas at a 10 quid airport you get

while at a €10 airport you might get something similar and won’t get served until after all the local language speakers have got served

Even well below the Chambery level you get great service at say Bolzano… Not a lot of GA goes there, either.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is an alternative airfield right next to LFLB and it is called LFLE. You could even use the approach to close to minima into LFLB and then divert to this airfield which sits right next to it. There you don’t pay any landing fee, no handling, no parking. The only drawback is that if it is snowing in the valley over Chambery, they will not clear the runway instantly, but it works great if the weather is clear. I just used it last weekend and you are welcomed there by the local pilot community. Before that I would fly to LFLB or Albertville. There is a simple hotel right opposite the street of LFLE as well and a good pizza restaurant next to it. So basically, we flew out of LFLE into Courchevel to ski which is a 10 minute flight.

Cirrus parked at LFLE

EDLE, Netherlands
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message