Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sligo EISG anyone?

Pro:
Never-ending tarmac runway with NDB-DME, walking distance to Strandhill village with comfortable boutique hotel and good seafood restaurant, Irish hospitality and weather…

Con:
On the far side of a small island in the Atlantic Ocean, Irish WX…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Indeed, Sligo is lovely. One of the few airports in Ireland from which you an walk to someone nice to have lunch.

A picturesque approach too

Landings fee of just €15.

The coast stretching west from Sligo is lovely to fly over too….great big cliffs along it.

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 31 Oct 17:26
EIWT Weston, Ireland

Some of us are planning to lunch there tomorrow ……

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

Nice, well taken pics Dublinpilot…mine never show up so good!

Actually they are Peter’s photos from a great trip we took last year.

Ireland Trip

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Cloud base was lower than my airfield today and forecast same tomorrow, but please do give me a shout next time, if and when. Glenswinton is only 90 Maule minutes from EISG.

ATB, Peter

Sligo is quite a regular destination for me with a little over 2 hours flight time from my home base. I have a clsoe friend living in Co. Roscommon so usually get picked up from the airport. The staff are amongst the most friendly anywhere and in my experience will look after you very well and at a most reasonable cost. I might even say you will find a typical Irish welcome there, extremely good.
It is all quite “laid back” but still most professional. There used to be some scheduled airline traffic but not sure it is still used for that.
Watch for the winds coming over and round that big lump of rock!

UK, United Kingdom

Sunday lunch anyone, if the current GFS forecast comes to pass?

The Venue at Strandhill did decent food last time I was there. It’s a short walk from Sligo airport.

Would love to Jacko but I’ve my stag party. In friedrichshafen the following one. And off duty then for wedding preparations.

Would be up for it in second half of May if you’re still interested then.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

You are having a stag party at Sligo, Colm?

Gosh that is going to be really wild. I googled for some candidate photos but none of the ones I found were suitable for our delicate audience

If I did a nonstop Shoreham to Sligo, that would be the longest I have ever gone north-east

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message