Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

smartCHECK, the Talking Checklist

That sounds like a pretty easy task if you don’t want a fancy application, but just something that will work. Once you are ready with the format description and send it to me, I can give you an estimation of the effort for me to develop such an application for you for Windows. Again – no payment required, I’ll do it for the fun and to help out the community. I can also build my checklists with this application so that we can test it out.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

WOW, that would be incredible. I have an appointment now, will contact you later when I’m back!

AeroPlus wrote:

also bought it Flyer59. Good concept, but do like the idea to add the Apple Watch to it. I don’t like the iPad to be stuck in the cockpit in a fixed position, but am wearing the Apple Watch that can show me information and event vibrate to alert me.

I can’t even see an Apple watch. let alone read anything on it. The icons are indistinguishable microdots which my sausage fingers cannot manage

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

FYI:

One smartCHECK user has announced that he will develop a simple Windows Tool for us that will create the necessary special checklist files from simple text files. I think it makes no sense to start developing airplane checklists for smartCHECK before that tool is available!

Will keep you posted.

smartCHECK got some very positive reviews in th meantime, like this one I saw on COPA today:

Alexis,

I just made a 1300nm round trip and tried out SmartCHECK. I was flying with Peter King (CPPP Avionics Instructor) and we reviewed your app along with an MPOW Bluetooth receiver attached to the AUX input of the audio panel.

We were crossing the Sierras at 12,500’ when we had an Oil Pressure warning. I immediatley went to SmartCHECK, I was already on the flight page, i scrolled down and the ‘lady’ proceeded to read off the emergency checklist point by point through the bluetooth receiver into both of our headsets. We did some troubleshooting and figured I had done a lean of peak climb at lean of peak cruise settings and that had lowered oil pressure enough to set off the low oil pressure warning but thats another story.

Next day I made a short video demonstrating the set up. I’d highly recommend the app and the bluetooth receiver. I think its a winner

Update:

we (actually Vladimir, thank you!) are almost finished developing a tool that will make it possible to create checklist sets for other airplane types quickly. Once the tool is ready it can be downloaded. Anybody who creates a checklist for a new type will get a special handmade (:-)) version of the app with the checklist for his. Since we are aware that many have highly modified checklists for their personal planes we will offer to to integrate such a version into the personal app too, if wanted.

Later updates of the official app will contain the official checklists as inapp-purchases. There will also be a simple generic checklist template that can be used (and modified) for most light airplanes.

With the first update we’ll also try to eliminate some minor bugs.

Don’t know if anyone has asked this question but what about Android?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Maybe I can answer that for you @Mooney_Driver, as I am in a similar situation: the development of such an app on one platform costs several thousand euros/francs (over 10,000 in Germany and over 20,000 in Switzerland). So companies go first for the most popular platform and come back and implement others only if/when they are successful and can finance the second one. As iOS devices are more popular among pilots, this is the first choice in most cases. Of course huge companies like Jeppesen can do whatever they want, they have gathered our money for years and have reserves.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Hi Vladimir,

in other words, no?

No problem, I just asked :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This is not something I can say – I only helped with the tool to generate more lists but I am not involved in the smartCHECK app development itself. I just have the experience as I am also working on other app developments that I have to finance myself and I’ve put Android almost at the end of my TODO list (only Windows Phone comes later).

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message