Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

smartCHECK, the Talking Checklist

How much is the inapp purchases? (I don’t fly cirrus and when I do the effort to adapt checklists to the types I fly, I think I can better start with a template without CAPS)

Are you interested in the POH of a C172SP and a Mooney M20J?

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

How about a Doodle to see who can provide content for which aircraft types?

I’m happy to contribute if there is a type I can help with.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Hi Guys,

good ideas! Let me talk to my collegues later or tomorrow and we’ll decide how to do it. I am personally willing to let users do checklists and even share the (little) revenue the checklists will make, but this is a joint venture with an app company (i am no programmer) into which both parties a couple of thousand Euros each … so i have to discuss it with them.

Of course it would be great to have long list of available checklists. And I have some good ideas for new features too!

Flyer59 wrote:

Sorry, of course JSON (sorry JASON :-))

I should be able to work that format, especially if I have some sample checklist.

I’ll send you one, and the contact to my friend who does the checklists. But at the moment I can only offer you a promotion code to download the app for free!

How much are the additional checklists? For a PA28-181?

Ok ignore my previous question as I have now purchased the app and the PA28-181 checklist. Sterling effort so far although some immediate comments:

• The inability to hide checklist groups / tiles makes things a bit cluttered. I don’t want to see all the different engine start scenarios all the time
  • Really need to be able to rename groups / tiles to be able to use the terminology each individual prefers
  • Some way of bulk upload of checklist items. It’s going to need plenty of typing to line up the checklist with my standard PA28-181 checklist which I am used to.
  • Good touch with the fuel tank reminder although would be better to be able to define your own profile. I run my tanks 30/30 but actually do the first one when the minute hand passes the first 30 or 60 so the minute hand always points to the correct tank. This should be easy to implement
  • If you are going to add tools then a very useful one would be somewhere in the app to record an engine start and stop time and a corresponding tacho reading. Ok I realise that’s not the essence of the app but since you are going to the trouble to add tools I think having this inside the checklist app makes sense.
  • On the positive side, I can confirm it works perfectly with the latest edition Bose A20 which supports bluetooth music profile.

Other than that it’s an excellent application and one which I will be using when my flying season starts (once this wet and gloomy UK winter passes!)

(I am about to write a short first manual, which you can see in german and english on www.airwork.biz in about one hour. No pictures yet, thos ewill be added later!)

www.airwork.biz
(smartCHECK link in right sidebar)

Please allow some time to react to the other wishes. We are glad that we made it so far with our tight budget (… which was still over € 10.000, and I have of course worked for free ;-)) . We have many ideas to improve the app and we have also developed ideas for at least five great tools. But we’ll have to see if such a product has ANY chance on the market. Just imagine how many you have to sell to only earn the development costs (Apple gets 30 percent).

Aw, come on Alexis. At the very minimum everybody on COPA will buy the app

Let’s just say 5.000 for arguments sake, so that is 5.000 times EUR 8,99 less 30% for Apple which comes to roughly EUR 32.500. That would cover your initial cash investment and a bit of your time. And maybe even one or the other person flying a different a/c might buy the app as well. You know how most pilots love to play with technology.

Kidding aside, I think it’s a great effort and I will try it out, too.

Last Edited by RXH at 06 Jan 16:25
RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Yes, that’s the type of calculation I like. But I also know reality :-)

I just finished a new version of my classic book with flyig stories. It will come out under the “National Geographic” label in April. The price will be € 16.90 or something. Guess how much the author makes (the author is the person who had the idea for the book and who actually wrote those 470 pages) 40 Eurocents per copy ;-)

It would be GREAT if the app made enough money so I could a) pay my friend who did the checklists in his free time and b) I could develop a version 2. That’s really my only goal.

Sign in to add your message