Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

smartCHECK, the Talking Checklist

You just got my 8.99 Flyer59 and I do not fly a Cirrus :-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Ah, that was you !
Now I can buy my kids dinner ! ;-)

A quick introduction and provisional English manual here:

http://www.airwork.biz/smartcheck-checklist-app-en/

I also bought it Flyer59. Good concept, but do like the idea to add the Apple Watch to it. I don’t like the iPad to be stuck in the cockpit in a fixed position, but am wearing the Apple Watch that can show me information and event vibrate to alert me.

EDLE, Netherlands

This looks very useful.

Will there be an Android version?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, a good idea, but that will require a new concept, and the next step will probably be an iPhone version, which is a good compromise for many. You have to see that not that many pilots have an apple watch, and so we better work the iPhone and iPad market first.
I have to get a feeling for what is possible … because I do not intend to invest much more money without getting some of it back.

@Peter
Yes, there should be an Android version. Once I have sorted out some stuff I will have a meeting withe the guys who programmed it to find out how much of an effort it will be to develop an Android version.

Very nice idea Flyer59! Congratulations for pulling this off. If you could add speech recognition, then this would be stunning. Speech recognition works exceptionally well when the vocabulary is restricted as is the case here. For example app listens to BEFORE LANDING CHECKLIST and response with the first item on the checklist GEAR, and expects to hear DOWN, etc… This way, no need to move your head, or fat fingering while in turbulences.

United States

Tonight I am giving away five promotional codes for the free download of smartCHECK to the pilots of these airplane types:

Cirrus SR22T-G5
Piper PA-28-151/161 Warrior
Piper PA-28-181 Archer
Cessna 172N (or other similar versions)
Cessna 182P (or similar)

Send me a PM with your registration and airplane type. First come, first serve ;-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 07 Jan 20:41

We are thinking about ways how to get checklist sets for many more aircraft types quickly …

If somebody wants their airplane type as quick as possible we can offer that she/he writes the checklist himself in the correct format (“JSON”). Once we have the next five checklist sets we will release the next version of the app (the app contains all checklists and an inapp purchase only unlocks them)

After having spent a lot of money on the development all we can offer is to reimburse pilots who make a checklist. We will pay back the cost of the app (€ 8.99) and one in-app purchase (€ 5,99).

I think I have checklist authors for:
- Beech BT36 and F33A
- Piper Seneca
- Diamond DA40 and DA40NG

Just contact me by eMail if you are interested.

Sign in to add your message