Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

"Socata" brand name ending

IMHO this is yet another stupid discarding of a brand name which has a high quality image (well, on the TBM side, at least ) for one that nobody had heard of.

@Peter: After they dropped MORANE-SAULNIER, every renaming became possible, like SOCATA or DAHER…
We must recognize the fact Mr Daher (btw I don’t know him) saved Socata and made something pretty cool and successful out of it.
After all, Cessna or Mooney also are family names I think…

Last Edited by Nestor at 25 Mar 20:00
LFLY, France

And in much of the world, Cessna is mispronounced too!

Has any one at Audi wondered what Audi E-tron means in French?

Paris, France

No, they probably haven’t and it really shows how marketing departments can fail.
Wonder how much time it took for Mitsubishi to find out why their Pajero model did not get the market share that they expected in Spain.
I once drove behind a van of a small local cleaning company in Holland with its name in big proud letters: SOB! OK, well, maybe his clients don’t speak enough English to become alarmed
I guess one can forgive a small local company, but Audi and Mitsubishi?
Unless of course this is all on purpose, just to attract attention. ANY attention is good? Well, what do I know of marketing..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

OK, well, maybe his clients don’t speak enough English to become alarmed

Possible.! :-)

To be fair, the Germans often aren’t much better!

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I once drove behind a van of a small local cleaning company in Holland with its name in big proud letters: SOB! OK, well, maybe his clients don’t speak enough English to become alarmed

The same must be true in Mexico…. The first time I saw Bimbo bakery vehicles I really smiled – if my wife were shopping for bread I don’t think she’d be attracted to this section of the aisle…

But what do I know about the Spanish speaking market – its apparently a $14 billion company!

I would think that in Mexico “Bimbo” would be a huge compliment

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message