Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Socata Trinidad - Used parts sources in the EU?

I’m writing from the US, looking for a part for my Socata Trinidad TB20. It’s the nose undercarriage down limit switch – a simple microswitch about 40 mm long, that Daher/Socata wants $US 1400 for. So I’m trying to find a used one.

So far no luck, but it dawned on me that since the majority of the Trinidad fleet flies in the EU, I’d have a better chance of finding a shop parting out a TB20 there than here.

Does anyone have any suggestion for who I might try?

thanks, -lr

PS – The p/n is TB20 61032005 FWIW

5B6 (USA)

This one ?

The general idea here is to look at French aviation/milspec switches (a lot of the companies have been taken over by US companies) and find the same part, but it won’t come with Socata connectors. Those connectors, about $5 from Molex and such, is why you pay the other $1000 to Socata

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

PM sent

I was amazed to find a load of Socata parts on Ebay.

Most are in the US so it looks like somebody out there is parting out TBs.

Administrator

This is the company selling much of the used Socata parts on EBay – the postings with photos having blue background.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 21 Feb 15:36

Interesting. Mostly TB9 and TB10.

I guess those types have a shorter lifetime due to much more common wing spar corrosion (the 1980s planes got it badly) and the lower value means they are more likely to be scrapped if something big is found.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message