Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Some prudence and advice are needed for a dream project.

@172driver Thanks a lot for your wishes. Keep you updated.

Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

Congrats, looks beautiful ! All the best for your project!

@Snoopy During the first months of pandemic, April and May I did some networking, I gave some IFR ground lessons for free, and have now some people with PPL only who are willingly to hourbuild and learn and practice IFR, basic and instrument. I am an FI, but my licence is expired because of my airline job. I will soon renew it.
Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.

Last Edited by SkyWagon at 29 Aug 03:45
Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

Very nice congratulations!
540 hours of demand for flight training?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hey Fellow Pilots;

It has been long time, I would like to share you the latest news about my project. My company’s first airplane has landed LTBR , after her ferry flight. Unfortunately, I was unable to take permissions from my company due to roster and COVID-19 measures and she was flown by a ferry pilot. Ferry flight routing was Day-1 : CAPUA-LIBR-LWSK, and Day 2: LWSK-LTBR.
I would like to share the pictures with you. I have a demand around 540 hours.

Last Edited by SkyWagon at 28 Aug 18:43
Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

It really depends:
Remanufactured, new or field overhauled.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

30k, budget 50k and you’ll be safe.

Roger,Snoopy, thank you.

Last Edited by SkyWagon at 24 Dec 17:54
Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

30k, budget 50k and you’ll be safe.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Malibuflyer Thank you very much for kind words about my enthusiasm, and no worries about my dream.Every letter written here is carefully noted and put into my risk management analysis. That is why I am asking you fellow pilots, about your experience, your thoughts and so more., thus I can take everything with grain of salt. I am going to have my AOC next year possibly. We do not have DTOs here, no such organization. The airplane/s would be based in Izmir and I will fly with them. From LTBJ, I have a demand around 600+ hours now. 400 USD/ hr !!!? No such thing here, I guess will be around 135-150 Euros/hr, depends on the plane, but IFR hours are more precious of course, because it is in the integrated training of ATPL/CPL.

What could be an estimate overhaul cost of a Lycoming Engine, 180 hp? 30.000 Euros?

Last Edited by SkyWagon at 24 Dec 17:38
Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

DTO’s don’t do IR training, sadly…

Last Edited by tmo at 24 Dec 10:53
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message