Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spa Airport closed in guerilla like strike (EBSP)

Good one !!

Would something like a fly-in help the situation or make it worse? A question to some local guy.....

LKKU, LKTB

j' arrive ...

EDxx, Germany

Great News for a change!!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

ik kom ook...

EBST

That's indeed good news. I registered yesterday although I don't speak a word French.

I visited yesterday. EBSP is open, busy, and the locals are reasonably confident it will stay that way.

A warning to anyone visiting on a hot day with heavy passengers - taking off to the west the runway slopes up, the ground rises past the threshold and the trees are quite high!

VFR in Belgium really is trivial - just call up Brussels Info and ask for a transit of the general class C at some suitable FL above 4500 feet. Below that it looks absolutely hellish. Be prepared to get a direct from one side of the country to the other: I was given direct KOK while still in Germany on the way back (GPS is a must...).

EGEO

VFR in Belgium really is trivial - just call up Brussels Info and ask for a transit of the general class C at some suitable FL above 4500 feet. Below that it looks absolutely hellish. Be prepared to get a direct from one side of the country to the other

Be prepared to get a "negative, transit not possible due to [bullshit excuse]". My experience is mixed getting this class C transit. Still, Belgium is a good place for flying.

Be prepared to get a "negative, transit not possible due to [bullshit excuse]". My experience is mixed getting this class C transit. Still, Belgium is a good place for flying.

In all honesty, I would probably turn round and go home. I enjoy a flying challenge as much as anyone, but bouncing off controlled/restricted/segregated/temporary/danger/random notam/paradropping airspace every 10 miles isn't my idea of fun.

EGEO

A warning to anyone visiting on a hot day with heavy passengers

Better hope your passengers don't read this!

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message