Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to embark on the IMCR such that the lessons count towards the CBIR [was: if the IMCR is killed off?]

Yes I get this now, but I wonder if anybody has proven this, because the FTO (final 10hrs) can fairly freely screw you around (and I am awfully familiar with that too).

Also a “full IR FI” is a rare animal on the UK PPL school circuit, not least because it is more £££ to the CAA every year When somebody I know was looking at the IMCR → IR route (he never did the IR in the end) I found it surprisingly nontrivial to extract that little bit of info from some IMCR FIs

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You have 3 instructor options

• Flight Instructor with Instrument Rating Instructor privileges. Where the instructor only holds an IMC rating. They can only teach for the IMC rating* and only 15 hours can count towards the CBIR.
  • Flight Instructor with Instrument Rating Instructor privileges and the instructor holds an IR. They can teach for the IMC and IR* and more than 15 hours can count towards the CBIR.
  • Instrument Rating Instructor (IRI) Aeroplanes can teach for the IMC and the IR and again more than 15 hours can count towards the CBIR.

*if you look at the instructors rating it will have some letters attached to it. (H) means they can teach for the IR. If its marked (H)IRR means they can only teach for the IMC rating.

There is of course some oddities as you have to pay to add such privileges so some people haven’t. Also where people have lost all IR privileges as they never kept it current for more than 7 years yet their FI rating is still marked at (H)

22 Posts
Sign in to add your message