Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Biennial flight review EASA - how long can it lapse for

WP flies an EASA-reg, he wants to move to N-reg when upgrading.

Last Edited by tmo at 11 Mar 16:07
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Similar issues to here.

The 3 year factor is gone – at least in the UK, IIRC.

I think the answer to the OP is: 1 day. IOW, within the validity, you can revalidate with a FI or CRI, if you go 1 day over the 2 year period you have to fly with an FE.

having read the FAA’s Collins and Krausz interpretations, I wonder whether the holder of a §61.75 certificate needs to maintain his or her corresponding EASA ratings at all?

There is the EASA FCL attack on N-regs which aims to force European based pilots to maintain EASA papers, but if your country has derogated from that, then perhaps not.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

Incidentally, having read the FAA’s Collins and Krausz interpretations, I wonder whether the holder of a §61.75 certificate needs to maintain his or her corresponding EASA ratings at all?

I believe not. EASA ratings are not automatically valid on the 61.75 certificate, so way should you need them at all?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Can one add a standalone FAA SEL rating to a 61.75? my understanding yes

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Mar 23:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Apparently yes. Also see here.

It is rare though, for European pilots, because the 61.75 route enables the FAA medical to be avoided.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

follow the FAA‘s lead, i.e. revalidate with an instructor with no arbitrary time limit for doing so.

They did – they (EASA) came up with the LAPL. But it’s a mess with two distinctly different renewal/revalidation philosophies – LAPL vs SEP/PPL.

huv
EKRK, Denmark
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message