Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA ATO for SE-IR to ME-IR Upgrade?

If you come prepare, there is an ATO in Italy that will do it in a weekend, including check ride

I know of two people who trained at https://flightacademy.eu in Kalmar, Sweden. One did a full CPL/MEP/IR course and the other did a conversion from a South African licence. Both rated it very highly. They have a DA-42 simulator and accommodation available on the airfield. Don’t know how they compare price wise though.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

As you have not posted whether you already chose an ATO, I would like to add Flugschule Ardex from Kyritz (EDBK).
They are very friendly and forthcoming, and open to unusual cases and individual paths. I did the ATO part of my single engine CB-IR with them.

For multi-engine they have an approved FSTD (SIM) and for the practical part you can choose between DA42 and a PA44. They also offer nice on-site accommodation.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

I can add one more: EFTC at Groningen EHGG. They are also used to ‘non standard’ training. I’m doing the SEP CB-IR after my EIR with them but they do conversions or full training SEP, MEP and a lot more. There is a SIM, DA 42 and they do actual training on a DA 42. Hotels on the airport I actually don’t know but Groningen is close by and a very nice city.

EHLE, Netherlands

PilotX wrote:

I’m doing the SEP CB-IR after my EIR with them

What is their training program for that? like UK IMCR => CBIR? or more like FAA IR => CBIR?

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Oct 09:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

One more: Aerodynamics Malaga. Their twins are Beech Duchesses.

Malta School of Flying has FNPT2, P2006T, and does a lot of conversions etc. Plenty low cost flights to Malta. Decent weather, accommodation, all the approaches you need at LMML. PM me for details if required.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message