Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Revalidation MEP (IR) using FNPTII - possible?

Hi,

is it possible to revalidate MEP (IR) class rating using an FNPTII simulator and if so, in which circumstances?

Thx!

I think you can validate the MEIR once every two years on an FNPT2 sim.
However, I don’t think you can revalidate your MEP class rating that way.
IIRC if you do 10 legs in a twin engined aircraft within the year, you can revalidate without having to do a leg. In France the DGAC have only accepted a flight of at least 15 minutes cruise as a leg. I’m not sure whether you need an FE or CRE or whether an FI or CRI can do it.
A long time ago I gave up monitoring legs, and when I got my IR/MEIR I just do the revalidation with an examiner every year. That then covers my MEIR, SEIR, MEP and if necessary the SEP control flight every 2 years. It all gets too complex otherwise and whichever of those things I need to revalidate I would do it with the same FE/CRE/CRI/FI anyway.

France

I habe been accumulating appr. 50 h MEP, 90% IFR, and more than 10 legs during this year.
My plane (MEP) is currently grounded (unplanned) and since revalidation has to be done during the next days I hoped revalidation using FNPTII (MEP) might be an alternative since weather/time indipendent

Last Edited by TB_flyer at 06 Mar 10:16

I did my IR revalidation on FNTP2, it´s possible for each alternate proficiency check as per FCL.625.A IR — Revalidation, where FNPT2 or an FFS can be used.
For the ME class rating FCL.740.A Revalidation of class and type ratings — aeroplanes is relevant and talks about FSTD which I believe includes FNTP2

(a) Revalidation of multi-engine class ratings and type ratings. For revalidation of multi-engine class ratings and type ratings, the applicant shall:
(1)
pass a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part in the relevant class or type of aeroplane or an FSTD representing that class or type, within the 3 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating; and
(2)
complete during the period of validity of the rating, at least:
(i)
10 route sectors as pilot of the relevant class or type of aeroplane; or
(ii)
1 route sector as pilot of the relevant class or type of aeroplane or FFS, flown with an examiner. This route sector may be flown during the proficiency check.
(3)
A pilot working for a commercial air transport operator approved in accordance with the applicable air operations requirements who has passed the operators proficiency check combined with the proficiency check for the revalidation of the class or type rating shall be exempted from complying with the requirement in (2).
(4)
The revalidation of an en route instrument rating (EIR) or an IR, if held, may be combined with a proficiency check for the revalidation of a class or type rating.

Last Edited by Destinatus at 06 Mar 10:30
Prague
Czech Republic

@gallois is correct. You can revalidate your MEIR every second year in the FNPT2, but not your MEP class rating which has to be revalidated in an aircraft. The proficiency checks are done by an examiner, not an instructor.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

NeilC wrote:

…but not your MEP class rating which has to be revalidated in an aircraft

Well, FCL.740.A (a) (1) says “…aeroplane or FSTD…” but I have no first hand experience as opposed to NeilC (looking at his list of acft flown and qualifications)

Last Edited by Destinatus at 07 Mar 17:29
Prague
Czech Republic
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message