Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB-IR / CB IR / CBIR (merged)

With training now started for the IR, here’s an insight to a flight just before the training where I start to introduce SOPs and new procedures/checklists. A bit rusty, but nothing is ever perfect;

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Update -

Just a quick update from me, having started the training properly in April 21’ after the long-lockdown. I took the ATO assessment on Tuesday with a flight to Lydd in some rather interesting weather. It’s been pretty challenging having to enhance what I already know, reduce the bad habits and learn new stuff. But I have now progressed onto the ATO phase and hope to finish up in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed the weather plays ball, it hasn’t and doesn’t look like it will….

I have been writing a blog post on my whole training and experience, and should be an enjoyable read for all. Hopefully some inspiration to those looking to complete an IR.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Further Update -

I’ve broken the bank this month in terms of flying towards the final 10 hours. After taking the ATO assessment in early July, I have now been signed off for the IR examination. Just some preparation to do and some study as per my other thread.

Looking forward to finishing this up in the next week or so. Fingers crossed the weather plays ball, as I’ve had enough of being thrown about all over the place the last couple of weeks

EGSG, United Kingdom

All the best!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks ✈

EGSG, United Kingdom

Good luck Robbie!

G

EGLM & EGTN

IRT booked for Wednesday 21st in the AM (Saves me getting bumped around in the thermals).

Looking forward to finally completing the journey.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Hope it goes well !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Hope it goes well !

Many thanks :)

EGSG, United Kingdom

So I’ve completed the Instrument Rating as of yesterday. Application sent off today for the inclusion on my license. Very happy, and lots of hard work and preparation went into this. Stay tuned for the writeup of my training…

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 22 Jul 16:37
EGSG, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message