Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK CAA allows ab initio training on Annex 1, EASA doesn't like it, and Annex 1 hours acceptability towards EASA licenses

flybymike wrote:

The CAA are hardly going to issue thousands of C of As to permit aircraft.

They don’t need to. The upcoming Basic Regulation allows flying Annex I aircraft, as stated above.

The change of the thread title to a worse claim even though it still is unsubstantiated (and negated by EASA themselves) speak surely a language of a very pro-european aviation-forum?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Don’t worry MH; the information integrity of EuroGA is preserved by editing the thread title as new information becomes available. This has been done many times.

So please stop grinding your axe about the EuroGA mod/admin being “anti Europe”. I have already posted on that subject.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It used to be that if annex 2 is used for training it had to have a CofA, so no change

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

You could however train if you owned the Annex 2 plane – see Post #1 in this thread.

For sure a flying school could not use an Annex 2 for normal ab initio PPL training. Same as they can’t use an N-reg, and probably (the UK case) can’t use a non-G-reg.

Administrator

Exactly, really no change from earlier which is what we are striving to achieve.

A flight school surely can use any EASA registered aircraft as long as it is a an EASA or Annex II with normal CofA.

ESSZ, Sweden

Peter wrote:

For sure a flying school could not use an Annex 2 for normal ab initio PPL training.

Yes they can. For example a Super Cub is Annex 2 on a UK C of A and Clacton offer ab initio PPL on that.
I think you are confusing this with LAA Permit types.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I think you are confusing this with LAA Permit types

Yes; you are right. However aren’t the LAA ones the vast majority? I know the Lancaster and the Vulcan were Annex 2 but with a CAA Permit, as are Spitfires, and that is another variable. But I am sure that most “non ICAO CofA” types in the UK are on the LAA. What post #1 refers to are these LAA types which could, for this brief period, be used for PPL training of the owner.

Administrator

Flight schools have never been able to usee LAA permit aircraft in their fleet, but owners have been able to get trained in their own LAA permit aircraft. I doubt EASA distinguish between different kinds of Annex 2 aircraft (only the national regulator), so if EASA say “no PPL hours towards EASA ratings will be credited in non-EASA aircraft” then it doesn’t matter if it has a national CofA or a LAA permit.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

if EASA say “no PPL hours towards EASA ratings will be credited in non-EASA aircraft”

That is only the beginning. Not only PPL but general. No hours acquired in anything but a genuine EASA controlled airplanes could be counted. This goes way beyond Annex II.

And what is more, the way EASA reasons, it would put in question any license which has been acquired or kept up to date until to now in Annex II or other airplanes. And ultimately put the question forward whether it is actually legal to fly an Annex II airplane with a part FCL license.

From what investigations by P&F suggest the GA people within EASA who have worked to make our lifes easier only grasped the significance of this very recently, that is why someone in EASA originally denied they knew anything about it. Apparently some people really did not realize what is going on here. Amazing.

It is totally absurd and hopefully reason will return to Cologne.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It seems that they are working on a solution that will be in our favor. Should be completed this year. I will use my Annex II aircraft for LAPL training.

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message