Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mountain ratings, Altiports, Altisurfaces, and the Ratings

The formation de site is not restricted to a particular aircraft. It applies to any aircraft having “similar performance” – however that might be interpreted.

But is there actually anyone who doesn’t have a D140?

Last Edited by Jacko at 24 Apr 15:06
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

In France if they don’t have one, they want one.😁

France

So, if you want to use a different aircraft category than what they have in the club, you need to bring the aircraft with someone who has it before you can do the site training?

France

Yes.

Alternatively, you could fly your PC12 or DC3 or whatever to Annemasse, grab their MOU instructor by the wallet, fly up to Courchevel with him, do a few circuits, and fly away with the necessary endorsement in your logbook.

Incidentally, and despite the Apple spell-checker’s insistence to the contrary, the altiport is called Courchevel, not Courcheval.

Last Edited by Jacko at 25 Apr 16:35
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I kinda hijacked another thread, apologies… so here’s a re-post with a motivational video.

Friends Alex and Fabian have published this little vid a few days ago. They have the MOU rating and fly in there (taking foldable skis along) in their fantastic RV-14A 😎

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Nice video – us inhabitants of Großbrexitland no longer can add a MOU rating to our UK CAA licence, at least I think that’s right. Still would like to organise the training at Belluno/Bolzano, where I believe they also add the ski operations to altiport operations.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message