Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good reference book / reference to learn using G1000

I would like to learn the usage of the G1000. I am wondering if someone has some tips on books / references for this. I have purchased the siminoc simulator on the ipad (http://www.simionic.net/index.html) which seems very good for a low price and looked at a few videos on youtube but I wonder of there is something that can be used as a reference.

Thanks in advance :)

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

How about the reference guides from Garmin:

Last Edited by Vladimir at 30 Mar 12:32
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Beware that G1000 manuals can be installation specific (that is there is a different manual for a G1000 in a Mustang and a G1000 in a 172).

@Vladimir:
Thanks for the links… I will have a look at these.

Martin wrote:

Beware that G1000 manuals can be installation specific (that is there is a different manual for a G1000 in a Mustang and a G1000 in a 172).

Thanks Martin for this. But in my case it is just to get used to the G1000 before having one in front of me in a plane while the €-counter is running.
Just want to have some basic knowledge of the beast…

Last Edited by jfw at 30 Mar 15:50
jfw

@jfw I understand that. Point was that you might want to look around for a manual for that specific type you intend to fly. If you have settled on one. Since you never specified which one, you might want to take a look at this. Just select Aviation, then Flight Decks.

Last Edited by Martin at 30 Mar 16:12

@Martin: Thanks for pointing that out ! Did not realize that the differences might be that important. Thanks for the links.

jfw

Here you have some general documents. And you can find simulators (trainers) on the Accessories tab of the G1000 product page.

You’re welcome.

PS: Basics are the same but G1000 can be configured differently which has impact on some things.

Last Edited by Martin at 30 Mar 16:31

I definitely recommend using a combination of the Garmin reference manuals and a simulator (PC Trainer). The more time you spend in front of your computer getting acquainted with the system, the more comfortable you will feel in flight. You don’t want to be scratching your head over the G1000 in IMC with a pitch trim error on the autopilot.

After having flown a few hundred hours with the G1000 on DA40, DA42 and C182, I still occasionally discover new ways of doing things when flying with other pilots, and they something discover a thing or two themselves

LFPT, LFPN

If you can get your hands on G1000 sim directly from Garmin it would be your best bet. (It’s called Garmin Integrated Flight Deck Trainer)
I have one at home that I got directly from Garmin and that way when you are installing it you can chose from variety type of aircraft. Great tool

Last Edited by Evo400 at 01 Apr 19:05
Evo400

The FAA IR manual (downloadable from their site), contains a fair bit on using the G1000.

ESMK, Sweden
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message