Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

C525 "Citation Jet" Rating

Thanks I will do that!

always learning
LO__, Austria

When I have been to Morristown all the EASA examiners were also FAA qualified. It seems like there is no shortage of FAA examiners, only EASA examiners. Understandable, as most of their clients are FAA Certificate holders.

Just ring them up, and ask for the 525 program manager. The number is on the web site.
Same for FSI Wichita

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil wrote:

CAE at Morristown is also EASA approved, but you need to specifically book an EASA course, as you do with FSI.

To complicate things a little I am interested in getting an FAA ATP based on my EASA ATP.

To do this one needs to take the ATP CTP (Certificate Training Program) Course (1 Week), then the ATP written test (prepare using Shepard) and finally the practical exam. The practical exam can either be done on a multi engine piston or in a simulator, following a part 142 approved training course (i.e. a typerating).

My plan is to to to CAE or FSI, get a CJ typerating added to my EASA license and use the type rating course to complete my FAA ATP practical exam.

CAE has emailed me and I am mailing back and forth with them. FSI has called and will contact me again as soon as they have more info.

Seems like I suck at phrasing questions ;)
“Special question:
I have been told that CAE Morristown can issue EASA approved C525 (CitationJet) typeratings.
I might need a C525 typerating for my EASA license soon, and I thought about combining this typerating with my FAA ATP conversion „adventure”.
Is it possible add a C525 typerating to my EASA ATPLicense and simultaneously conclude my FAA ATP conversion (basically add the C525 type to my easa license while completing my FAA ATP practical test and also adding it to the „new“ FAA license) – both at the same time. This would require either a FAA/EASA dual qualified examiner or two separate check sessions, one with FAA examine and one with EASA examiner."

Can anyone of you who have been to CAE/FSI perhaps point me to a contact you might know there who I could speak to directly? Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks again, very helpful!

I thought about getting my FAA ATP, it would be convenient to get the practical ATP out of the way by simultaneously getting the type rating (if it is even possible to get a FAA/Easa type rating at the same time?).

always learning
LO__, Austria

CAE at Morristown is also EASA approved, but you need to specifically book an EASA course, as you do with FSI.
Morristown is a nicer town, and easier to get to that Wichita, it’s less than an hour from Newark with lots of flights from Europe. Wichita is via Chicago or similar.

Snoopy wrote:

You mentioned 2 locations in the US: is it possible to do the rating there for an EASA license?

AFAIK Wichita is EASA approved. Colleagues of mine did a rating there lately which came together with the delivery of a new plane (otherwise they would have gone to Vienna). Better inquire with the training centres in the States directly. The EASA certification is expensive and requires annual re-certification. Also the instructors and examiners must be EASA licensed. Not every training center goes through that hassle.

If you plan to go to the Sates for your rating, allow several weeks for the necessary TSA approval in case this is your first time in the U.S. for flight training.

Last Edited by what_next at 12 Mar 13:06
EDDS - Stuttgart

Thanks. The hit or miss was mentioned in another forum. Good to hear FSI is as good as their image.

You mentioned 2 locations in the US: is it possible to do the rating there for an EASA license?

always learning
LO__, Austria

CAE in Morristown, NJ have been good, and FSI in Wichita have also been excellent. I don’t know where the story they are hit and miss came from, it’s not my experience.
I found CAE to be slightly cheaper and the training was just as good.
Like Jason I like the Sim based training, but if your budget is more restricted I have also done some on the aircraft training with Bristol Flight Centre and they are very good, with instructors and examiners who are really experienced in real life operations.

Thanks to all for the information. Inquiries are sent.

always learning
LO__, Austria

DSA in Hradec Králové, Czech Republic offers a C525 rating. Unfortunately, the price is not listed on their web site, but their prices are generally quite reasonable.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message