Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR to EHKD no published SIDs or STARS

Aviathor, I have heard that before, but my experience is that even if you select an IAF you will end up being cleared direct to the airport or vectored when you get close to the airport.

Of course you will Either because it is shorter and more efficient, or for sequencing.

The most important thing about the filed route is in case of NORDO. Your approximate ETA at the IAF (as well as route and altitudes) must be known to ATC. Doesn’t mean you’ll end up flying the filed route to the letter.

LFPT, LFPN

The lost com regulation covers both cases, with or without filing to an IAF.

KUZA, United States

NCYankee wrote:

Does filing in Europe require the IAF in the flightplan? It is not necessary in the US where most flight routes are to the airport as is the clearance limit.

No. Usually it is to a STAR initial waypoint.

EGTK Oxford

No. Usually it is to a STAR initial waypoint.

Or an airport connecting point or an IAF. And often the last point on the STAR is an IAF

Not all airfields have SID/STAR.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 15 Jun 05:07
LFPT, LFPN

my experience is that even if you select an IAF you will end up being cleared direct to the airport or vectored when you get close to the airport.

I actually doubt European IFR controllers see what is in your flight plan.

I have been told that the filed route is not depicted on their screen. All they see are the entry and exit points of their sector.

So all the discussion whether ATC see hacks like this is moot

We have a number of ATCOs on EuroGA and the non-UK ones tend to drop in here and there with great contributions. The UK ones are banned by employment conditions

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I actually doubt European IFR controllers see what is in your flight plan.

They do. At least in some countries.

When I get a DCT it will normally be to a point on my filed route. Except in Germany where I may get a completely different route.

LFPT, LFPN
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message