Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Discounted / bulk buying of aircraft rental

Jujupilote wrote:

How long have they been in business ?Did they survive the crisis or are they new ? Other important question : what are your options to fly after your training ? Do you plan to buy an airplane or will you rent ? To them or somebody else ?

I suppose yes as they were established around the same time as the crisis or just before (10 years old). The plan at the moment is to continue to rent after getting PPL, though this could change…

EBCI Charleroi, Belgium

Aviathor wrote:

Someone told me they changed instructors several times during their training, and each time the new instructor had to assess the student’s competency, which added several hours to the total.

If within the same school, I can’t really understand why. I flew my 45 hours with 10 instructors altogether. Besides the three stage check flights (pre-solo, pre-solo XC, pre-checkride) that would have been with a different instructor anyhow, not a single circuit was flown with the intention of assessing my competency. All the instructors had access to my complete training records and talked to each other, so there was not much point in checking how competent I was, since there were no significant gaps in my training.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

@bosco
Thanks! You don’t have to remind me how old I am :-)
So, you can do the complete PPL in a 2-seater now?

Sure, since 14 years.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Alexis wrote:

So, you can do the complete PPL in a 2-seater now?

Yes. And after the PPL in a C152 the flying school will happily sell you five hours differences training in a C172… EASA part FCL must really be the result of a flying school conspiracy!

EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

Yes. And after the PPL in a C152 the flying school will happily sell you five hours differences training in a C172… EASA part FCL must really be the result of a flying school conspiracy!

What are you talking about?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

What are you talking about?

Well, around here it was said that flying school interest was behind EASA FCL. Not being able to do any training without an FTO, bringing up the minimum requirement for a PPL from 35 to 45 hours, … you name it. EASA certainly did the flying schools some favor.

EDDS - Stuttgart

If within the same school, I can’t really understand why.

I would venture poor or nonexistent procedures for documenting and tracking student progress.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 27 Sep 20:17
LFPT, LFPN

Jamie wrote:

I suppose yes as they were established around the same time as the crisis or just before (10 years old). The plan at the moment is to continue to rent after getting PPL, though this could change…

Ok so you may need to keep good relations with them after you get your PPL
So if you include some PA28 during PPL training, you may save some hours of type conversion.

Remember you will be tied to your school until you get your license, after you will be free.
That’s another reason to get it as fast as possible.

My experience : I did most of my training while in highschool, almost only in summer holidays but almost everyday then. It took me 2 summers but it was quite efficient in my opinion.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Ok so you may need to keep good relations with them after you get your PPL
So if you include some PA28 during PPL training, you may save some hours of type conversion.

Remember you will be tied to your school until you get your license, after you will be free.
That’s another reason to get it as fast as possible.

My experience : I did most of my training while in highschool, almost only in summer holidays but almost everyday then. It took me 2 summers but it was quite efficient in my opinion.

EBCI Charleroi, Belgium
Sign in to add your message