Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sunday Flight around Munich ...

Vieke wrote:

Mostly I avoid these big airports, but next time I will ask also to go overhead. I do make frequently a low pass @ EBLG, but that’s all and it’s a small airport.

Seeing a Belgian here, it reminds me I have flown overhead EBBR Brussels and EHAM Amsterdam. But that was at FL100. It was really neat to see all that traffic below us. Peter claims he never sees any other traffic on his TAS, but I certainly do around particularly in the Paris terminal area, just because I spend so much time there.

LFPT, LFPN

Most enjoyable, thanks.

Excellent that.

Oxford and Bidford

Great video, thanks for sharing! I can’t imagine Gatwick allowing the same (an orbit around the tower)!!!!

Last Edited by I_Love_Flying at 25 Jan 11:29
UK, United Kingdom

Luton and Stansted will normally clear you across the landing threshold, although an orbit over the field might be unusual. SE over a built up area would be a problem without an intention to land, or take off, unless you could glide clear and meet Rule 5 altitude, etc

France has built up altitude minima for different towns, is Germany similar?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

No, just the usual 1000-feet rule, plus the very general (ICAO)-derived glide clear /avoid undue endangerment rule. But the latter is no issue at all here; one has at least one big runway more or less right below.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Nice photos. Think you need to work on your turns around a point however!

EGTK Oxford

Haha ;-) Right, that was n’s a nice circle!
I had to cross the runway behind a landing Airbus, so I was in a bad position for circling the tower. I actually wanted to fly it differently but they asked me not to overfly the northern runway, just in case they had a go-around.

Those are very good photos. Impressive for the Iphone6!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, I like that camera too. Although it does have its limits, like all smartphone cameras. The one through the windshield was done through the (green!) Rosen Sunvisor, that’s why you don’t see the prop. What’s astonishing is that the green of the sunvisor is visible only a little (did not edit!)

Sign in to add your message