Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Survey for VFR route planning

I’ve done it. Some items seemed strange. Weather, wind, Notams, and thunderstorms could be extended.
It seemed repetitive. My responses may be far from the mode/median/mean, due to the area, aircraft, and equipment.
It surprised me that scales reversed from 1 low to 1 high.
And if airfield is closed, or an area notamed as forbidden, will anyone ignore it?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@Vladimir
What about scattered thunderstorms?

Tököl LHTL

Done.

Tigerflyer wrote:

Is the survey really for the Master and what background does she has. She appeared in a german forum as well, also with no background information about her or her work. I say it direktly, I don’t like this introduction, starting with a survey. But that’s me

Yeah, I don’t know. How about we rather take this as an opportunity to present ourselves to a young person with an interest in aviation not as a community of wary old men and credit her some trust? It seems to me that the implications of the risk of some company impersonating Amelie are more or less acceptable.

Maoraigh wrote:

It seemed repetitive.

Not sure if that was the intention here, but asking the same question from different angles (or with slightly different phrasing) helps to validate the results of such surveys.

Last Edited by Patrick at 14 Sep 19:55
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Did it but found the survey poorly worded and pre-thought.

Last Edited by Ben at 14 Sep 20:19

As this survey is obviously Jeppesen-oriented, I think we might as well express our wishes beyond the survey and have @AmelieSonntag convey them to Jeppesen with our compliments. I, for one, would wish for Mobile Flitedeck for Android and/or Windows tablets. Having to buy Apple hardware just to run one extra application seems a bit unreasonable to me.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 15 Sep 01:47
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

As long as there is no Android version, it’s useless and irrelevant to me, but answered the survey nonetheless. Not sure what exactly the answers I had already done were for, when I got to the question about which other operations I also conducted though.

Why someone would rely an hardware that shuts down by itself when outside the limits of 0-35 deg C, is a mystery to me. Android will give a warning of possibly overheat or poor battery performance (when cold), Apple simply shuts down to avoid getting damaged.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I could not agree more with the last two posts

It would be interesting if @AmelieSonntag ever even returns here after dropping in the one post.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,
I am sorry if you are offended in any way. As an introduction I wanted to do something different than the usual and I included it on the first page of the survey.
But it seems that didn’t go so well.

I am a student at the University of Stuttgart, and my thesis is first of all part of the research done there. Additionally Jeppesen is involved. I am interested in the pilots opinions on factors for route planning. Not on their opinions to Jeppesen products.

I am not trying to sell anything neither do I represent Jeppesen.

As I am not a pilot myself, your feedback is valuable to me. I hope you still answer the survey. It is hard to consider every aspect, so please leave comments that can help me.

Thank you.

Last Edited by AmelieSonntag at 15 Sep 10:07

I answered the survey.
As it is targeted at VFR, the base choices for weather were probably not the best. As a non IFR-rated pilot, I worry about the ceiling, cloud coverage and visibility long before thunderstorms.

ESMK, Sweden

I answered the survey. As I was a student not long time ago myself I can understand the strugles of considering something from every single aspect. Don’t let negative comments affect your motivation. Keep working on your thesis with passion and good luck!

PS: Post a link here with the final result once you are done, it sounds as an interesting read.

ESME, ESMS
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message