Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss Meetup on Saturday, March 7? (Lausanne)

Well, I am a member of MFGZ and we do have different tarifs for based aircraft and member pilots. You seem to live around here, so why don´t we get together for a coffee once, I can tell you more directly than I am willing to share here. Apart, I´ve used the late arrival fee about twice so far, we can live with it. I live 3 minutes away from the GAC so yes, we will hold out here as long as possible.

For a club like MFGZ the restrictions are awful, no question. We can pretty much deal with the slot regime as we are used to it by now. I fly 90% of the time on weekdays so there is rarely a problem, which of course is different on weekends. What we do profit from is a very good team at the GAC who are trying to help as much as they can. They are true professionals and working with them makes the restrictions a lot more bearable.

Clearly, we are at the limit of what we can financially take in terms of cost. If the airport succeeds to lift the charges yet again, it will probably mean the end.

Of course there is still the pipe dream of Dübendof, we will have to see what happens there.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@JoJo wrote:

My dream Swiss fly-in would be to Berne, then walk into town along the Aare, stopping for a dip at the Marzilibad.

Chiche. What about next weekend?

Last Edited by Aviathor at 09 Mar 20:18
LFPT, LFPN

@Aviathor it’ll be cold swimming in the Aare next weekend!

But deffo something for intrepid EuroGA pilots to put on the “to do” list

Bordeaux

As long as I’m still working in Bern, I’m all in for that!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

A video here… not too bad. I will have a go at the contrast on parts of it… if I can work out how.

I am uploading a 1080P version here (240MB), made with a constant bitrate of 5mbits/sec, as a test. The bitrate on Vimeo is way less than that, as well as being 720P.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Jojo what you really want to do is not just a dip but going down the Aar river from Thun to Bern on an inflatable.

http://www.aarebootsvermietung.ch/pages_en/main.html

As luck would have it, there is a quite scenic aerodrome in Thun too.

http://www.thun-airfield.ch/cms/

@Jojo what you really want to do is not just a dip but going down the Aar river from Thun to Bern on an inflatable.

Done that, been there – very happy days

Bordeaux

I’ve edited some of the footage that I shot during that weekend and of the several videos that came out of that, I think this one turned out nicest:

Awesome, Patrick

I should have come for a flight with you two that morning, and got some formation shots.

BTW I am still aiming to go back there within the next 2 weeks.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks. This video is from the afternoon though – I still have some unedited footage from the earlier TB10 flight, too.

I’ll be in Bern again the week AFTER Easter and probably flying, too.

Sign in to add your message