Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss Meetup on Saturday, March 7? (Lausanne)

My writeup is now under Articles

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s the standard “per portion” dessert price – should have been half that for the entire cake.

You got Switzerlanded :D

Also some of the places can see you coming

Yes they do. In case you’re going to Locarno some time, last time I was there Link a friend ordered an impromptu birthday cake for his wife… It was 90 CHF and included nine slices, for a party of ten. It tasted great… happily one of the party didn’t like cake anyway I’ll be there in June again and I think we’ll take a little walk down the street for dinner unless I’m outvoted.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Mar 17:05

I think what happens on these meet-ups is that one ends up in a nice place to eat and spends a lot of money, which is fine once or twice, and after that one gets a bit wiser.

Also some of the places can see you coming. We got sold some pretty amazing fish at Mali Losinj at the Barracuda, 2014 – for about €100 each

Administrator

I can vouch for it being a relatively upmarket meal. I find that Switzerland is only a little more expensive than London for eating out.

EGEO

We were at the Airport Restaurant on the 2nd day and there a meal was around 40 CHF including dessert.

70 per Person is awfully expensive. Either Lausanne is worse than Zürich or they did end up in a very upscale place.

Can definitly do better in ZRH, but am a bit off current restaurant ideas in Lausanne as it’s been years since I’ve been downtown.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

70CHF for an entry level meal? Did you go to Lausanne Palace or Chateau d’Ouchy?

It would also make no sense whatsoever for such a nice well managed well located and welcoming airport like Lausanne to be open only to French speaking pilots.

Administrator

The APCH INFO is a recording (much like an ATIS), which is why it’s always on :-)

EGTF, LFTF

Interesting.

Based solely on the Jepp chart you showed earlier, I too would have taken it that the AFIS would be active during the opening hours, and if I couldn’t get a reply that something was wrong.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
162 Posts
Sign in to add your message