Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tablet software reviews

thanks for update, I do not have any specific question. Back in 2012 when I get my Galaxy the choices were limited, so I get Naviator with no US data, just 20 USD for a app itself. Now one can select between number of apps..

LKKU, LKTB

Things conspired against me. Mostly, or in fact solely, time. I did start the investigation and it was interesting, but I didn’t get as far as finishing reviewing each product let alone writing it up. It’s something I hope to revisit. It was interesting and I think people would find it useful.

Was there anything specific you wanted to know?

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

David wrote:

I am planning to write a review of in-flight tablet software for VFR and IFR flight

Dave, did you manage to get some outputs here or still on your to-do list and below the waterline?

Last Edited by Michal at 18 Nov 14:17
LKKU, LKTB

Hence the silliness of using the term official. Most airlines are using the Jeppesen. Official or not.

Is the term “official” actually used in any regulation? I think the term used is “appropriate”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Terminal charts or VFR charts? Jepp stopped doing the VFR ones in 2013.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jeppesen charts are accepted all around the world, and there is absolutely no necessity to use anything else. They are used by a majority of all airlines also.

The problem is that the person you may be debating this with will not be on EuroGA.

It will be a police officer and they are recruited from what one might call a fairly specific character profile

The end result may not be a prosecution, or a successful one, but getting that far is going to cost you a minimum of four figures and a lot of grief.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It depends on what you mean by “official”. Jeppesen is not an official source in my opinion, and never has been. Actually I don’t think I have ever used a Jeppesen chart for anything usable.

Hence the silliness of using the term official. Most airlines are using the Jeppesen. Official or not.

EGTK Oxford

FlyIsFun is nice on android. I run it on my phone though, on the tablet I installed Skydemon.

http://funair.cz/en/web/android-aviation-navigation

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

There are many maps for i-Devices or Android very similar to Google Maps that can be downloaded and used offline. A good example for iPad is “Pocket Earth”, which i use for car navigation in many countries and as a map for walking too. Pocket Earth, for example, is completely free.

121 Posts
Sign in to add your message