Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB10 Autopilot options

Does anyone know what autopilot was available for the TB10 from the factory and what after market options are available?

I believe Honeywell was the OEM Autopilot. The S-TEC5x is listed on the Genesys website (STC, AML) but “without trim”.

It’s a shame the TB9/10 are not on the scope of Garmin for the GFC500. The TB20 apparently is.

always learning
LO__, Austria

This is worth a read

Socata fitted various KAP/KFC models depending on the year. The post-2001 TBs all got the KFC225

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anyone have any idea why Garmin did the STC for the 20/21 and not the 9/10? We’d love to throw them some money! I’m sure there is a good reason but I can’t fathom what it is. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

EGBP, United Kingdom

They just go one by one, i.e. first the ones which promise to be the most attractive market for them, then the next best one, then the next best one, etc. It is very obvious.

In all likelihood, they thought that the TB20 market would yield more orders, and that the TB9/TB10 would bring less owners willing to shell out 20k or so for an autopilot installtion.

I guess they will sooner or later also di the TB9/10, unless they think the numbers will ultimately be too low for it to make any sense for them.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am switching to a GFC500 next month. If you can install it, I can give you the Stec 60-2 with electric trim and altitude preselector currently installed in my TB20.

As far as I know, the 60-2 can be installed on a TB10. And probably you won’t need an installation kit, since the brackets from TB20 should be compatible.

LRIA, Romania

AlexTB20 wrote:

I am switching to a GFC500 next month. If you can install it, I can give you the Stec 60-2 with electric trim and altitude preselector currently installed in my TB20.

I’ve sent you a user-user message Alex, that would be super helpful.

EGBP, United Kingdom

What might it cost to put a GFC500 into the TB10, ballpark?

EGLM & EGTN
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

What might it cost to put a GFC500 into the TB10, ballpark?

Graham, if you already have something GFC500 can work with (G5/GI275/…), then for two-axis it is 7K + install. I’ve been taught that for the most avionics the install is around ~30% of the device cost, how much cheaper or more expensive depends on your avionics guy. :)

EGTR
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message