Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TBM900 - the perfect airplane

The TBM900 now has envelope protection.

I wonder how they did this. Presumably it is only if the autopilot is engaged; then they can control speed via pitch.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The TBM900 now has envelope protection.

I wonder how they did this. Presumably it is only if the autopilot is engaged; then they can control speed via pitch.

So does the Cirrus and the new M600. It means the autopilot never completely disengages. If you go out of the envelope it will intervene.

EGTK Oxford

You mean that on the SR22, if hand flying, the autopilot engages and takes over the pitch axis?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

You mean that on the SR22, if hand flying, the autopilot engages and takes over the pitch axis?

Yep. since 2011.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/electronic-stability-protection-helps-make-cirrus-immune-to-loss-of-357100/

Last Edited by JasonC at 07 Mar 22:10
EGTK Oxford

There’s much more coming from Tarbes around April 5th. Can’t say what, because they had me sign an NDA. Guess I shouldn’t be posting then #-)

LPFR, Poland

There’s much more coming from Tarbes around April 5th.

Twin turboprop or twin jet?

Okay, not really expecting an answer yet

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

I did not sign anything so I hereby announce the TB21GTP. ‘P’ stands for Peter or for Pressurized, you choose.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

They bought the Grob jet design, after Grob went bust – according to media reports.

A twin TP – a King Air competitor – has also been talked about. Now that the EASA “complex” “finger up to the USA by demanding Part M on all ME TPs” attack on the King Air has been dropped, the market will get a boost.

Administrator

Michael wrote:

Flyer59 wrote:
The last shirt will have no pockets
Now that’s an interesting saying, never heard it before !

The usual saying in English is: “There are no pockets in a shroud”…. A saying I firmly live by as well!

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 08 Mar 07:57
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Actually I am very surprised that the TBM900 has stuck with G1000. I thought they would have moved to the G3000 by now.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message