Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The finest grass runways in Europe

There is a Mooney MSE operating from Rheine-Eschendorf EDXE, so the field isn’t that bad. Could be better, though.
Leverkusen EDKL has the reputation of having a very nice grass runway. Varrelbusch EDWU have the PERFO system (http://www.perfobodenplatten.de/flugplatze.html) and the airfield has a very good runway. Borken EDLY is nice, too.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

there is a NOTAM for LKLT

RWY 05L/23R CLSD

quite destroyed after winter, reopening is unknown (depends on grass growing)

05R/23L is not so smooth. (valid for 05R, 23L end is fine)
If you are planning a visit please mind there can be some temporary 05C (this was already in 2011, legal paperwork is not a big issue) used for ULL and mainly for glider winch so they will not occupy RWY

LKLT.LKBE

alexisvc: I had a share in it for a year or so. I sold it to buy my old A36 back.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Absolutely fine in May last year. There’s an honesty box for your landing fee and it’s PPR I think. Wish I lived down there!

Spending too long online

Chris,

I was planning Bolt Head for August/September this year (I hope it will have sufficiently dried out by then… ).

What was it like last year?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Strong headwind that day, I used less than 1/2 the 650m to stop.

Spending too long online

Nice, and looks shorter than mine.
This is a G3 and it’s a little safer on rough strips because of the additional prop clearance due to the higher landing gear.

Spending too long online

Aero looks good! I think it’s Mooney safe…

I visited Sylt this weekend, nice too!

EHTE, Netherlands

This morning, Runway 27 of LKRK (Rakovnik) airport, Bohemia. Landed uphill with about 5 knots tailwind, but that’s much better than downhill against the wind. With the “G2” model you have to be extra careful to protect the nosewheel and prop, so i prefer flatter approaches with the the nose high. What’s interesting: This looks MUCH smoother tan it feels inside the plane. Filmed by a friend who picked me up.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 24 Feb 11:38
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message