Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip Report to Weston EIWT to Ganderkesee EDQW for the PocketFMS Flyin June 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write up your trip it made great reading. Feeling the need for a trip rather than a quick A to B!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

@luckymaaa I have never parked overnight but I know that Weald don’t charge a landing fee and the fuel is usually cheaper than the Squadron (who DO charge a landing fee). I would suggest you give Weald Aviation a call to ask about overnight parking and the availability of hangarage.

UK, United Kingdom

Thanks guys

Luckymaaa, I was just asked if I wanted fuel. When I said now, I was told to park by the Squadron. Landing & one night parking cost £22.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Great trip and great write-up, thanks for sharing.

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 05 Jul 22:12
Forever learning
EGTB

Do you had to choose where you want to park ? As there is the Squadron and Weald Aviation offering parking, any way if price is ok we will take Hangarspace.
Regard Lucas

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading this

Fairoaks/EGTF

Hi luckymaaa,

I’ve no particular comment on either of those two fields. They were pretty straight forward.
Walking from Le Touquet airfield to the centre of the town probably takes about 35. Allow 45 to walk all the way to the beach. If you need a taxi, don’t leave it to the last minute like we did!

Enjoy your trip

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Thanks for posting, always enjoy reading trip reports.

By the way, partially the same route as we will do but direction north.

LFAT to EGSX, any hint regarding the fields?

Great trip report! A very enjoyable and informative read – thanks for posting!

UK, United Kingdom

The breakfast photo was for Peter :) I thought about telling him that we only stopped in Caernarfon instead of (inset any other airport name far away) because the breakfast was £1 cheaper. But there is no need to wind him up that much

Actually, to be fully authentic in this department, you need to get the all day breakfast not £1 cheaper than something else. You have to get the whole meal for £1

I suspect that challenge will become impossible once Greece defaults… which looks increasingly likely since the crowdfunding has raised only 0.1% of the required amount.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message