Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Hamburg EDDH for Kieler Woche

C210_Flyer wrote:

So can anyone, with knowledge of German, tell me what the prices are in a similar fashion as I laid out for Hamburg airport?

It depends a bit on your noise certificate. With “erhöhter Lärmschutz” it will be €20,57 landing fee. With noise certificate under ICAO Annex XVI limits it will be €26,40 and without noise certificate it will be €36,63 landing fee (all for 1400kg<MTOM<2000kg).

Parking fee will be €6,60 per started 24h (first 4h free).

IF you need to land or take off outside the opening hours, they will bill you €61,60 per hour after 6:00 and before 24:00 local. Between 24:00 and 06:00 it will cost you €122,10 per hour. They do calculate the hours from closing until 15 minutes after landing though. It might be cheaper to fly to EDDH if you intend to arrive late at the evening. These fees are high, because the airport is under high local political pressure.

No passenger fee, unless you fly on an AOC.

You must pay additional fire protection service only if you need them. So no additional fees.

A note to Hamburg: The city is really nice to visit. (Kiel not so much). They have a very good public transport system for only 12€/day for 5 people. This includes the Elbe ferries. Even if you have a hotel or AirBnB a little bit outside the city center, you can enjoy the city and get back late.

If you go through the old Elbtunnel, you can have a nice place to “picnic” and enjoy the view. Not many people going there in the evenings, for whatever reason.

Of course, a visit to the Elphi is a must:

Strandpauli is nice, too:

Last Edited by mh at 28 Dec 14:07
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Thanks Lionel. It clarifies a lot of things.

So there is only 26.40Euro landing fee. I am assuming that because you didnt mention it there is no mention of a Take Off fee like at EDDH?

If I have to do an Instrument approach (IFR Arrival) then the approach fee will be 13.20Euro

Then Arrival landing fee would be 39.60Euro
Parking for 3 days ……………………19.80
Total………………………………………..59.40 Euro

That seems to be a big savings compared to EDDH which is 125 Euro if flown single or as high as 150 with passengers.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 29 Dec 10:49
KHTO, LHTL

I was in Kiel in a C152 a few years ago. I didn’t investigate anything, just gave them a phone call for fuel before departure and they said you’re welcome. The fee must have been pretty low since I don’t even remember it.

What I remember is the AFIS operator asking me if we are a hospital flight.

Last Edited by Dimme at 29 Dec 11:00
ESME, ESMS

MH thanks for the info. There are no gotchas like the airport is closed from 1200 -1300? What are the normal opening hours in the summer time?

Are there any 210 owners who have a noise certificate with an “A” rating or in this case erhohter Larmschutz?

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 29 Dec 11:04
KHTO, LHTL

Dimme wrote:

I was in Kiel in a C152 a few years ago. I didn’t investigate anything, just gave them a phone call for fuel before departure and they said you’re welcome. The fee must have been pretty low since I don’t even remember it

Do you remember if you showed them your noise certificate? Whenever I land anywhere in Germany thats the second thing they ask for.

KHTO, LHTL

My usual answer is “yes” to the question about my noise certificate. Most of the time this gets me the “Erhöhter Lärmschutz”. But my plane looks like it were an UL, so they don’t really care. If I really had to present it, it wouldn’t change much as the noise isn’t as low as required for the lowest class.

If I were in your shoes, I really wouldn’t care about. Make sure you have any kind of noise certificate to present. Give or take 10€ fees aren’t worth the lifetime spent to figure out the details.

Last Edited by a_kraut at 29 Dec 14:04
Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

Opening hours June to August are 0900 to 1800 local on weekdays and 0900 to 2000 local on weekends. There is a nofly- break from 1300 to 1345 local.

For the noise, you can look it up on the EASA homepage according to your model/engine/prop/stc combination here:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/easa-and-you/environment/easa-certification-noise-levels

Direct link to file:

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/MAdB%20Light%20Prop%20%28181114%29.xlsx

Last Edited by mh at 29 Dec 14:05
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

a_kraut wrote:

Most of the time this gets me the “Erhöhter Lärmschutz”

They must like your eyes. When I say yes, they demand I produce it even if I have to go out to the plane to retrieve it. Ok so im stuck with “B”. Thanks for your input

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 29 Dec 23:25
KHTO, LHTL

mh wrote:

Opening hours June to August are 0900 to 1800 local on weekdays and 0900 to 2000 local on weekends. There is a nofly- break from 1300 to 1345 local.

For the noise, you can look it up on the EASA homepage according to your model/engine/prop/stc combination here:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/easa-and-you/environment/easa-certification-noise-levels

Direct link to file:

Thanks very much for the info.

KHTO, LHTL
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message